• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Trying layouts for 30L

Zhekus

Trying layouts for first tank.
30L Dennerle Nano Cube tank.

Sadly limited choice of materials and I already wish I had bigger tank 😅 Not going to risk suggesting it to my wife quite yet. Need to maintain winning aquascape at home for at least a year first before I risk it 😁

With gravel
2DAA08AB-D3AE-40E0-BF47-00B42F4D3994.jpeg

With sand (prefer I think)
F0550EB1-DF87-49C9-BB98-76357D6F29C0.jpeg
Less rock on the left
C9F530AB-3235-4E8D-BDBC-4E08352787CC.jpeg

Quite like this
DD83C147-D336-40A0-AFEB-408F8C4ED125.jpeg

Appreciate your feedback and suggestions

Depends on plants and what else is in there. If you are planting heavily, you'll probably hide a lot of the rock work, so more bigger rocks will give you a rockier look - 2 would give you better scope for stems at the back. If you are having inhabitants that will sift/wonder around on sand then 3 is nice. I wouldn't mix the rough rocks and the pebbles - I think that would be an odd combo.

Depends on plants and what else is in there. If you are planting heavily, you'll probably hide a lot of the rock work, so more bigger rocks will give you a rockier look - 2 would give you better scope for stems at the back. If you are having inhabitants that will sift/wonder around on sand then 3 is nice. I wouldn't mix the rough rocks and the pebbles - I think that would be an odd combo.
Thank you.
Appreciate the comments.

I like the very last one with the open path, has possibilities to create some depth.
You might be able to do something with rock size decreasing towards the back to add even more depth.

Thank you everyone.
Decided on this in the end as it was doing my head in. Will add small details, adjust a bit may be, but wood is glued together.

651D7237-94DA-42D5-A102-1FC50C71F497.jpeg

i think it needs another branch sticking up on the left of the branch but a bit more horizontal if you know what i mean. the top left space is too empty with hardscape :D

i think it needs another branch sticking up on the left of the branch but a bit more horizontal if you know what i mean. the top left space is too empty with hardscape :D
Thank you. Appreciate your comment.

Sadly I’m limited with hardscape choice here. Already wish I went with finer branches to begin with, haha.
I’ll take picture from the front, I think it will look a bit better.

Back