• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

TT SprayBar

Jon1706

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2008
Messages
104
Location
Selby, NorthYorkshire
Hi guys. I dont want to bring up another thread about spray bars and lilly pipes. After spending most of the day reading about spraybar's and lilypipes. Im going to stick with my spraybar. The thing is I would like to know is can you get clear clips and pads to hold the bar and intake pipe.
Thank you guys
 
Joined
26 Oct 2008
Messages
1,647
Location
Cheshire
Jon

If you contact tetratec they can supply you with extra clips and suckers or have a look at AE. I contacted them and they supplied extra pipe clips - the phone number should me in the booklet supplied with your fliter.

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=2418
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1305

The last time I spoke to TT their spares department had moved to Austria - so everything come from there and the parts are costly once your have done the conversion for Euro's to uk pounds exc. the postage from overseas. Other than that do a google serach for Tetratec spares.

Regards
Paul.
 

Piemonster

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2008
Messages
148
Location
Aberdeen
I suspect he already has the black ones, he asked if anywhere sold clear ones. Clear suckers shouldn't be too hard to get hold of, however I reckon clips will be another story.
 

Jon1706

Member
Thread starter
Joined
9 Nov 2008
Messages
104
Location
Selby, NorthYorkshire
Thank you Paul. I will check out the links and if all fails I will ring TT. Thank you again Paul
Yes I do have clips and suckers. But I would like clear suckers the clips are a bonus. Any links to any skte that sell these be great thank you.
 
Joined
26 Oct 2008
Messages
1,647
Location
Cheshire
Piemonster said:
I suspect he already has the black ones, he asked if anywhere sold clear ones. Clear suckers shouldn't be too hard to get hold of, however I reckon clips will be another story.

Instead of passing on criticism "he asked if anywhere sold clear ones" at least I found some clips that were available to buy - more than what you have done.

paul.
 

Piemonster

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2008
Messages
148
Location
Aberdeen
Flyfisherman said:
Piemonster said:
I suspect he already has the black ones, he asked if anywhere sold clear ones. Clear suckers shouldn't be too hard to get hold of, however I reckon clips will be another story.

Instead of passing on criticism "he asked if anywhere sold clear ones" at least I found some clips that were available to buy - more than what you have done.

paul.

I wasn't having a go at all, just merely stating that they weren't what he was after. Sorry for any offence caused.
And yes, those suckers look as if they would directly replace the OE ones, just pop the clip out and insert into the new ones.
 

Jon1706

Member
Thread starter
Joined
9 Nov 2008
Messages
104
Location
Selby, NorthYorkshire
Thank you I will keep a eye out for clear clips, and if anyone knows where you can get them from that be great
Jon
 

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Joined
30 Jun 2007
Messages
7,080
Location
Cambridgeshire
Hi Jon

I have to admit to never seeing any transparent clips suitable for spray bars in my time.

Thinking outside the box, I wonder if T5 lamp/reflector clips may work? I will try to rememer this evening and have a look for you. If they fit and I can attach them somehow to a suction cap I will let you know.

All the best.
 

Piemonster

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2008
Messages
148
Location
Aberdeen
George Farmer said:
Hi Jon

I have to admit to never seeing any transparent clips suitable for spray bars in my time.

Thinking outside the box, I wonder if T5 lamp/reflector clips may work? I will try to rememer this evening and have a look for you. If they fit and I can attach them somehow to a suction cap I will let you know.

All the best.

I had the exact same idea last night as I was looking for something else in a box of stuff and came across the original clips from my t5 controller. I trimmed the small plastic legs on them and fitted them into a suction cup from a diffuser, seems to work a treat when tested on my ex700 spraybar which if I recall is the same size as the ex600, I've attached photos so you can see how to shorten the legs on the clip. Mine were the hagen glo ones, if you cant find any you're welcome to take mine as I don't need them, though you will nedd to find suckers elsewhere.

P1010021.jpg


P1010023.jpg
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
That's brilliant Piemonster! What a great piece of work and really going the extra mile there!

Just be careful clipping them onto the spraybar as I've lost count of how many of those light clips I've snapped over the years! It'd be gutting to snap them after going through the hard work of shaping them and fitting them to the sucker! :woot: :lol:
 

Piemonster

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2008
Messages
148
Location
Aberdeen
Cheers Ed, I really need to get out more... :lol: I would suggest sliding them on and off the end of the bar rather than forcing it over it's full diameter as they seem a lot more fragile as you said.
 

Jon1706

Member
Thread starter
Joined
9 Nov 2008
Messages
104
Location
Selby, NorthYorkshire
Thank you everyone for the great ideas and help. Thank you again jon
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Clear spraybar Filters, Filtration and Pumps 5

Similar threads

Top