• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tube advice

a rix

Hi guys can anyone recommend me a tube setup for my rio 180 it has come with 2x day tubes.

Many thanks Anthony rix

The cheapest and best tubes IMO are the ones you can buy in non-specialized shops with the code 8650 (6500 ºK), cheap and very natural look. They are produced by several brands, no need to go for specialized aquarium tubes, plants don't matter at all.

Jordi

Oh really iwas under the impression that after substrate and co2 lighting was quite important but iam just starting in the planting world so only going on what ive been told.

Lighting is extremely important, it is just that you might not need as much intensity or duration as you might of been led to believe.
It also appears that the colour spectrum is not as important as some might have you believe, however for my own eyes, I like to mix a couple of colours to get a nice pleasing effect from the tank.
I also like to change the colours when I re scape the tank, just to please my eyes, like re decorating a room!
At the moment I have a 6500 k & a 8800 k but I must of used dozens of different configurations over the years...

Thank you so i should be fine with my two standard juwel day tubes to start with then

Yeah they will be fine. The only differance you may see in swapping them could be a slight colour differance. It won't make any differance to the plants.

Back