• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tulgey Wood - Trimmed

Thanks Ed...my thoughts exactly on the fish, not sure how special they'll be - I'm fairly limited by the LFS stock - but I've always had Galaxy rasbora and sympatric species in mind.

I did find a local shop that stocked them but they were obviously commercially bred to within an inch of their genome and quite a few individuals had morphological deformities, not to mention poor markings and colour.

Last edited:
Thanks legytt...you'd be welcome...not too much to see at the moment though.
Unfortunately, I'm gona to have to trim even further back. I don't know what's happened, but today I noticed that I've got the start of what will probably turn out to be massive plant necrosis.
The cut stems and glosso are melting again, plus my beautiful Java ferns that have taken an age to establish have started to die off as well:arghh:.
Not only, but also, the few X-ray tetras I had in there died suddenly, and I'm at a loss as to why, other than I did a couple of large water changes after the trim...go figure.
And to add to the mystery the Amanos and Ottos are fine...So are my assassins...well sort off. I think even they're trying to escape and quite frankly given the sudden turn of events I can't blame them...
I'm not sure this is what was meant when we were asked to share warts and all...but there you go...bugger:(

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/14680939588_e5f0a2f1b6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks legytt...you'd be welcome...not too much to see at the moment though.
Unfortunately, I'm gona to have to trim even further back. I don't know what's happened, but today I noticed that I've got the start of what will probably turn out to be massive plant necrosis.
The cut stems and glosso are melting again, plus my beautiful Java ferns that have taken an age to establish have started to die off as well:arghh:.
Not only, but also, the few X-ray tetras I had in there died suddenly, and I'm at a loss as to why, other than I did a couple of large water changes after the trim...go figure.
And to add to the mystery the Amanos and Ottos are fine...So are my assassins...well sort off. I think even they're trying to escape and quite frankly given the sudden turn of events I can't blame them...
I'm not sure this is what was meant when we were asked to share warts and all...but there you go...bugger:(

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/14680939588_e5f0a2f1b6_b.jpg
Cool. We in the same area so it be nice to see other people tank. When you say big water change how much %?

Maybe you're right, but that's nothing out of the ordinary for me; quite often I do near as damn it 90% water changes with no ill effects at all...before CO2 comes on. Strangely, it all bears the signs of LC overdose but again I've done nothing out of the ordinary. So unless I'm getting absent minded in my old age I suspect it's probably the cumulative effect of several combined factors, not least tap water quality.

Real shame about the fish deaths etc but as others have said it should all bounce back, I love how this tank has turned out, the wood reaching into the tank like roots is really natural. A small criticism is that personally I find, at least from the pictures, the bits of moss in the carpet look like algae, perhaps I am just all too used to seeing dark green algae on my plants! Oh and what are the dimensions of the tank, I may be being lazy but I didn't see them.

Anyway the best of luck with this Troi.

The tank has turned a corner and seems to be recovering from Pete Tongs visit quite well. So...I thought it was about time I visited my LFS to see what they have in stock and I found these little bad boys...and girls (Golden Dwarf Barb), and came away with a group of 8. Photo is from a previous tank. They've been at the top of my list for sometime, and I've put an order in for some Celestial Pearl Danios to keep them company. I'll post some images later.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l313/intelthug/hybid energy planted tank/detailright_zps7a7bdb35.jpg

Back