• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Turvey-AKA The Skip Raiding Aquarist

Turvey

Hi there, been lurking for a while so thought it was time to join properly and introduce myself.

Only just got back into the hobby after a few years forced break due to kids and house moves etc

Recently bought a (shock, horror) Biorb! Had a bit of fun planting it up and getting it stocked with some WCMM, Zebra Danios, Corydoras and some shrimp.

That got me looking around the WWW for ideas etc and came across MDs YouTube channel!

In the course of my work I come across many things that other folk have chucked out that are too good to throw away and I have a wee bit of a collection in the garage on display, much to Mrs Turvey's disgust! 😃

Anyway after the spark for aquariums was relit I found a couple of tanks being thrown out and now there's 5 of various sizes in the garage looking to be used. I was also lucky enough to see a post on Facebook from someone giving away a box of aquarium stuff so I was lucky to get that. Included in the box was 4 internal filters of various sizes, about 10 airpumps, 5 heaters, various bits and bobs including 3 bits of driftwood!

My most recent find was a couple of lights which I'm needing more information on. There's no name on them so I'm guessing they are a Chinese no-name brand from AliExpress etc they work ie you can switch them on and off and cycle different settings but I'm guessing that they need a remote to programme times etc there's no markings at all apart from what I have shown below. Any clues about a remote would be gratefully received.

I've been dry building stone waterfalls etc and just need to get my butt into gear to start getting the tanks up and running.

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_171904660.jpg
    IMG_20210327_171904660.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20210327_171921024.jpg
    IMG_20210327_171921024.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210327_172007176.jpg
    IMG_20210327_172007176.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
Back