• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TV Aerial & Loftbox Advice Needed

Superman

Hi,

I would appreciate it if someone on the forum (e.g. a TV aerial person) would be able give advise on an 8-way loft box that was installed in our house when it was built.

I'm looking for help as the builders don't have a clue and I'm not able to get the Sky return feed working to the TVs around the house.

We actually only have 4 TV points around the house (study, kitchen, bedroom 1 & bedroom 2) with an additional 'Living room' wall plate in the said room. The DVB signal is sent around the house ok but but the Sky feed isn't.

I've connected the Sky RF Out to the 'Return' socket on the main wall plate, but when I search on the analogue frequencies on my TVs in the other rooms there's no joy - even when the RF out works on the living room's TV.

What seems to be strange, is that the usual wiring diagrams for the loftbox is that the 'livingroom' out connection doesn't have a wire attached. Therefore, 5 of the 8 output connections are used rather than the 4. Do I need to make sure that the livingroom out is used?

In addition, because we're on a shared dish system, it looks like the Sky signal and TV signal come through two wires which are then combined to be put into the UHF2 connection.

It sounds like the problem is the wiring rather than the equipment - does anyone have any suggestions to get this to work?

Back