• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tweezers

Nick16

hi, can someone recommend me some tweezers to buy from AE. i prefer the straight tip ones but hav9ing bought from ebay before and recieved frankly poor goods i want a decent pair. my ebay ones dont 'grip or hold' very well and you have to pinch them about 5cm from the tip in order for them to clamp properly and that defeats the point of having long tweezers!

i was looking at these..

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1594

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1608
i know its sold out but il hang on if they are good tweezers.

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2164

any help is greatfully recieved. in short, im after straight tweezers that grip well even from holding them quite far up the tweezer.

I have the aquatics magic ones and they do the job but they're most definatly not as illustrated. They look, feel and do the job cheaply. They have no serrations to keep plants in their clasp while planting and make planting delicate stems a nightmare as they just refuse to stay pit with the tips being so wide.

I've used the JBL p2 (the curved ones) and find them far superior, I got mine from ebay though at a fraction of As cost. Be warned though, I snapped mine dropping a full ex1200 onto them.

they are the ones im probably going to get. was going to place an order but AE is out of TPN+ :( . il have to wait and get them all in one shop. it doesnt really matter though.

lol ok, i dont intend to chuck 1200's around :lol: . i mihgt have a sniff round on ebay.

the JBL ones I got were bought as reptile/ :rolleyes: terrarium/vivarium animal feeding tongs, if you search for planting tongs you can never find what you want.

yeah i know. so what shall i type. if i type JBL AQUATERRA it comes up with 1 pair of scissors at about £25!!!

are they any good though. i need some personal experiance from a product. i have tried cheap ones from ebay before and they were poor.

exactly what i have found. i can bear with mine but its hard because i have to replant cuttings in awkward places and i need something that does the job well rather than me ending up fists clenched swearing at a piece of stainless steel #### :lol:

me ending up fists clenched swearing at a piece of stainless steel ####

:lol:! I thought that was just me! Now I have the evidence to convince everyone I'm not as mad as they thought! :lol:

lol yeah join the club. my family think i have properly lost it when they find me shouting at a piece of metal becuase 'it wont work'. its always the tools you know..... :lol:

:lol:! My other half keeps telling me it's because I can't use the tweezers, not because they're terrible. He just dosen't understand :rolleyes: :lol:

Back