• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twenty Seven Thousand.

Wow that stand is defently worth the wait, lools amazing and like jay says bet looks amazing with tank ontop cant wait to see it.

Love the hardscape looks great.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oh my that is something else isnt it dont know why but I didnt expect it to be so pretty cant wait to see the tank on the stand now gunna need lots of polish lol any water Mark's would do my head in
Yeah, it’s the new puppy’s nose and teeth I’m more worried about :lol: That wood base looks a little too tempting for nibbles and the glass, well dog snot magnet springs to mind :banghead:

8FD83F48-58B7-43F8-B54A-9576F7F85C6B.jpeg

36EFE1CC-B8D6-4FC3-BD68-8485B1A3C699.jpeg

and where is the Requisite Puppy Gallery :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed:
Erm.....
D92458ED-6931-4810-8204-65C67FD0BD8A.jpeg

4DAAF332-5F12-4B5F-BACD-F1485DEDA9EB.jpeg

766D00DC-E070-4591-9596-6E13E76BC8FE.jpeg

C543B4A0-2740-415B-8373-6E2069418081.jpeg

Puppy looks adorable 😋can I ask where you purchased your stand from? was it direct from ADA? 😊
Hi, I purchased it from my local aquascaping store Horizon Aquatics who ordered it from ADA. You will be able to order from any ADA stockist such as our forum sponsors Aquarium Gardens who would be glad to get one for you I’m sure :thumbup:
Haha the snot is so funny
The stand and tank look amazing well jealous lol
Cheers Jay.
Look at that beard and those bushy eyebrows! Handsome little dog.
Ha, we have the schnauzer door stop and a new miniature schnauzer puppy who hasn’t got his full beard or eyebrows yet :)

Both scape and equipment are incredibly beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it progress although if you just left it as is it's very magazine cover-esque.

Yeah, it’s the new puppy’s nose and teeth I’m more worried about That wood base looks a little too tempting for nibbles and the glass, well dog snot magnet springs to mind :banghead:

View attachment 149416
View attachment 149417
Cute puppy, i never thought i would be too bothered or want to own a full ADA setup but that is a statment aquarium isnt it, looks so flawless and professional, they are truely a masterpeice. Dont see many either, will look great with the filter and everything all on.

Keep us updated ever step mate
Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Never heard of it killing plants before.

But yes the tank needs to be fully cycled before adding livestock. The larger pieces are packed with a clay type substance which I believe (no scientific fact though) alters ph massively to begin with.

No problem with good water changes just need to be more careful with this type of wood 👍

actually my water got muddy And smelly because of this wood and it Gets fungus/mold everywhere, which finally got on the plants and killed everything. :eek:

Tank was an small volume like this cube and with lot of wood in it...daily water change couldn’t get rid of it. Wouldn’t recommend this wood.:confused:

Really a very nice scape so far @Ady34 , of course i expect nothing less from you ;)

Aside from the actual contents of the aquarium, I always enjoy your journals, the surroundings of your tank - furniture etc is always very pleasing and the clean lines and aesthetics of the ada gear as well as the quality, clean scapes you produce really seem at home as part of the room.

just an observation :cool:

I’d half be tempted to leave it hardscape only and not plant it. I think it goes really well with the clean minimalist style of the cabinet.

It’s a beautiful set up, ADA is expensive but when you see the quality of the gear you can understand why.

cheers

Conor

The glass stand is such a crazy design. It just takes the aquarium to another level.
It is, i was never sure about them until i started looking at the full systems. Hiding equipment etc below the tank is always the aim, however when you are choosing the superjet filter you want to be able to see it :cool: I love the glass cabinet now, the tank seems like it is floating and it looks less intrusive in limited space situations.

Absolutely stunning setup :) really looking forward watching it evolve.

The one thing that makes me slightly nervous is the branch just sticking around the corner of the wall. I can imagine somebody accidentally brushing against it :eek:
Thanks, yeah i know what you mean, they were longer and i broke them off where i could but plan on trimming them with a tool before finished.

Really a very nice scape so far @Ady34 , of course i expect nothing less from you ;)

Aside from the actual contents of the aquarium, I always enjoy your journals, the surroundings of your tank - furniture etc is always very pleasing and the clean lines and aesthetics of the ada gear as well as the quality, clean scapes you produce really seem at home as part of the room.

just an observation :cool:
Ah, really nice of you to say Ryan, i do enjoy making the tanks part of our living space, they are just part of me and our family now, i can't ever imagine not having aquaria within the home. Both my boys have tanks also, my eldest has my first ever planted tank, the Fluval Studio 900, and my youngest has the old Aquanano 40 which had my crystal red shrimp in :woot:

I’d half be tempted to leave it hardscape only and not plant it. I think it goes really well with the clean minimalist style of the cabinet.

It’s a beautiful set up, ADA is expensive but when you see the quality of the gear you can understand why.

cheers

Conor
I had at one point considered simply adding botanicals over the soil areas with floating plants......not tannin stained water though :eek:
People that have seen it as it is have said that it looks like a piece of furniture and a really cool feature as it is. Realistically though, i have decided to plant it so that will be the direction :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments, unfortunately there won't be anything to update for a while now until the superjet filters become available again......then i need to decide on the 150 or the 300 and which lily pipe choice :crazy:
Cheerio,

Last edited:
Somehow missed this Ady. It's a really well executed scape using minimal materials, less is definitely more, and very hard to do, especially in a nano. The lovely ADA stand is the icing on the cake :)

Back