• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twenty Seven Thousand.

Somehow missed this Ady. It's a really well executed scape using minimal materials, less is definitely more, and very hard to do, especially in a nano. The lovely ADA stand is the icing on the cake :)
Thanks Tim, the nano was tricky for me to work in to start. Choosing rock was definitely more of an intricate process than what I’m used to. The detail of each rock is more important as they individually make up so much of the hardscape.

One thing I forgot to highlight which is worth a mention is the foreground. The rock appears to come right the the front glass in each corner. This was important to shape and frame the sand foreground. As it is the foreground though you need to be able to keep the area and glass clean. Mindful of this i utilised two much smaller rocks in front of the two main rocks to finesse the finish. This gives me the option to easily remove and reposition them for more involved substrate and glass maintenance.
Although I didn’t specifically image this you can see in the images below what I mean :)

In this above shot, the foreground with the main stones positioned has plenty of foreground space to enable maintenance:
68EB52D5-0D5D-4476-A443-C62FFBD19EFA.jpeg

here you can see the front left small finishing stone added which frames the foreground and follows the direction of the scape:
61F69E3B-2C54-4939-B5DA-0FFD008A128F.jpeg

from the front here you can see the stones used:
B2AA3964-E388-4494-B022-121D65EB132C.jpeg

cheerio,

Cute puppy, i never thought i would be too bothered or want to own a full ADA setup but that is a statment aquarium isnt it, looks so flawless and professional, they are truely a masterpeice. Dont see many either, will look great with the filter and everything all on.

Keep us updated ever step mate
Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Ah cheers Dean, somehow I didn’t reply to this earlier. Yeah, like I say I never really felt the need before, but having had alternatives and having the bigger tank I felt more drawn to the ADA brand as a progression I guess. The larger systems were always out of my price range but this nano allows me access and I do love it, they are so easy to fit into your home.
Cheerio,

Any news or updates on this one mate or still waiting on a few bits and bobs ?

Dean

really like the adjustments you made there. Also love the setup, it goes so well with all the wooden floor and furniture.

Would like to know you review on that expensive filter when you get it :D

Any news or updates on this one mate or still waiting on a few bits and bobs ?

Dean

Hi Dean, yeah I’m still waiting for the filter which isn’t available yet. It’s not a bad thing to be honest as I’ve just spent the money I had saved for it on the ea600 :lol:
That is one sexy tank set up, the stand just elevates it to a totally new level. Beautiful 👍
Thanks, yeah the stand is a lovely piece of furniture and when your trying not to take up too much space in a room it really has very little impact :)
really like the adjustments you made there. Also love the setup, it goes so well with all the wooden floor and furniture.

Would like to know you review on that expensive filter when you get it :D
Thanks Putney, I’ll definitely share my opinion on the filter. I think I am going to opt for the smaller es150 superjet with standard lily pipes.

This is like the ultimate delayed gratification process that George Farmer illudes to enjoying so much about this hobby :banghead: :lol:

I have a filter :)

E1C6CE8E-D868-4F60-BF61-9E9A08962E80.jpeg

05F6B45B-CA7F-42A9-8BAC-7E8933CD3DAF.jpeg

I just need to purchase co2 equipment now as I used the set up I had allocated for this tank on the ea600.
After the epic 4 month wait for the filter I am in no rush to set this up, but in comparison it won’t be too much longer :cool:

cheerio,

brilliant cant wait to see it all set up, glad finally arrived mate

Looking forward to this one @Ady34

Even empty with just the hardware it’s the pinnacle of aesthetics that the hobby has to offer. With your scaping talent it’s gonna be great :)

Whoop whoop at long last
That's going to look pretty epic sitting in the bottom of the glass stand :cool:
brilliant cant wait to see it all set up, glad finally arrived mate

Ha yeah I know, I’ll unbox it and sit it in there soon for a proper look :) Seems the superjet 150 only comes with spin pipes so that made that decision for me :lol:
Looking forward to this one @Ady34

Even empty with just the hardware it’s the pinnacle of aesthetics that the hobby has to offer. With your scaping talent it’s gonna be great :)
Thanks Geoffrey that means a lot and I love it.

Hi,
I took the filter out of the box the other day for a closer look. They are aesthetically and functionally lovely. This looks like a piece of equipment that will stand the test of time with minimal areas that could fail. It is a simple design and although quite expensive, the filters do come with initial media, hoses, glassware, glassware cleaning brush and even a metal polish, so maybe a little better value for money than the price tag suggests.

9DE2B0A8-693F-4AE8-9944-B2FD826F7A52.jpeg

Cheerio,

They do look the PART i must say and as you say considering comes with pipes and brush and lilly pipes and even metal polish wasnt expecting that one they do seem very good value and will look the buisness in that glass stand of yours

Not quite ready to plant and fill this little tank, but was tired of looking at it without soul......I decided to make more of a feature out of it temporarily so ordered some preserved moss from Scaped Nature and ‘greened’ up the little sucker......

92ECD890-91B5-4852-8EFF-AAB1AAD2D0D4.jpeg

F762E365-DE25-4B76-9A2D-CBB20C53A1CF.jpeg

6CFCEDE7-3E2D-4561-9AEA-3B25449D7426.jpeg

Hopefully early next year I’ll be in a position to get this fully operational :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

At least its lovely to look at already, even if it is preserved moss :) If you can manage this same look with actual aquatic mosses I will be in complete awe :)

Lovely little scape and I can see why their equipment are so expensive now!

One question - would it not be worth filling the tank up in the mean time even with no light/plants and get the filter running? Let the bio media mature, bacteria populate all the populable, water parameters getting over the initial sickness etc - by the time you're ready to plant the tank is much more mature.

At least its lovely to look at already, even if it is preserved moss :) If you can manage this same look with actual aquatic mosses I will be in complete awe :)
Yeah, it’s certainly given me food for thought.
Lovely little scape and I can see why their equipment are so expensive now!

One question - would it not be worth filling the tank up in the mean time even with no light/plants and get the filter running? Let the bio media mature, bacteria populate all the populable, water parameters getting over the initial sickness etc - by the time you're ready to plant the tank is much more mature.
Yep, it would be a perfect opportunity however I have a bit going on currently and dont want to commit to water changes. Also would like something interesting to look at. I’m quite happy to follow the four week water change routine with plants in when I’m ready :)

Back