• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twin output Co2

Regent

I'm looking for a twin output duel stage co2 regulator and was looking at the ultimate-pro or pro elite (co2 supermaket/co2 art).
This is so I can run one Co2 line to a qanvee diffuser on each filter return.
Is there a more affordable way to do this splitting a pro-se - adding up two bubble counters and needle valves, it's annoying that co2 art no longer sell them.

Or has anyone tried these amazon regs that look almost identical?
Amazon product ASIN B08DY98CJH

So doing a bit more homework it looks like delivering co2 in series like the pro elite can be hard to balance.
I'd ideally have liked the oxyturbo duel stage reg with solenoid and splitter but aquasabi are no longer shipping to the uk.
The next best option would seem to be the co2 art pro-se with a 2 way splitter from co2supermarket then running to two bubble counters and two inline diffusers. Ideally then on to reactors and back to the tank. Unless anyone has any better suggestions?

co2 art no longer sell them

CO2 Art do a manifold block that allows splitting from one regulator? Or is this what you are saying they no longer do?

I use their pro elite regulator with the manifold block and pump CO2 onto both of my filter circuits. It works great for me 👍
FEACFEAB-2AA9-4097-80A4-65C90F8E8B71.jpeg

This is how you get two CO2 injection points from a single regulator. Like in the picture from aquascape1987 above.
Bing tank3.png

I am looking to do this very same thing, except run a line into 2 tanks, one is a 54l and the other a 240l, so I will need more into the 240l correct? And I am correcting thinking with the manifold I can achieve this by increasing the bubble counter for the larger tank right?

I was after 2 2kg, but only could get hold of 1 5kg for 5 pounds.. had to be done and its fully charged. It is rather big however so I'd much prefer to have it with a decent dual stage running both tanks.

Also do CO2 Art do a manifold for the pro-se?

I am looking to do this very same thing, except run a line into 2 tanks, one is a 54l and the other a 240l, so I will need more into the 240l correct? And I am correcting thinking with the manifold I can achieve this by increasing the bubble counter for the larger tank right?
Yes that is the way to do it. See my picture above. Just make sure you get a decent higher quality, possibly dual stage regulator, that will support greater CO2 flow compare to single tank requirements.

This will work fine with the CO2 Art manifolds and one bottle.
Looking at their website, you can only get the manifold for the Pro Elite series at the minute.

Reading above, there are probably some kind of splitters that will fit the Pro SE from other suppliers though

I'm using a 2 way CO2 Splitter from CO2 Supermarket to run 2 Diffusers in my tank.

Question. Do you control the flow/bubble rate via the valve from the solenoid or from the 2 valves on the Splitter?

I've got the valve on the solenoid half open, the 2 valves on the Splitter are open just a tiny amount. As soon as I attempt to tweak them the tiniest bit, the bubble rate goes out of control. I need to sort this.

As soon as I attempt to tweak them the tiniest bit, the bubble rate goes out of control
This is what @Hanuman is on about in Carbon Dioxide (CO2), the needle valves are of a low specification and lack fine control, just need to upgrade the needle valves, however it will be costly.

Well they will just unscrew the old ones and you screw in the new ones, just need to make sure you get the correct fitting, then test them to check they are sealed.

But for the small price of the fitting I would get a new fitting to split the outut.

Back