• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar 1200SA

Fisher2007

So I'm contemplating a Twinstar 1200SA for my new tank - which is going to be 1400mm (L) x 400mm (W) x 450mm (H) but I'm not sure if it will fit or if I can make it fit.......if anyone has one or is familiar with them and could help that would be great. The questions I have are;

- At 1200mm long the light is obviously short vs tank length but would the spread of LED's cover the 100mm at either end of the tank without it looking obviously shaded
- At 1200mm long is there anyway I could get it to physically fit on my aquarium. From what I've seen on You Tube it has 90 degree metal arms that slide into the main body which then sit on the vertical aquarium sides and so I'm wondering if these can be left partially inserted to span the 100mm at either end? Or could I somehow make or find replacements for these metal arms that are longer which would then be inserted the required length but the 'extra' would allow me to span the 100mm at either end gap?

I know Twinstar do the 1200 pendant but I'm not a huge fan of the pendant look (the scaffolding frame or cables hanging from the ceiling)

Thanks

Back