• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar 600S LED spacing...

Kalum

Can anyone with a similar Twinstar light check and see if it's just mine that has weird spacing of the LED's as shown on the right on the unit below or a common occurance

Why it's like that I have no idea and see no reason why it shouldn't be a uniform and symmetrical layout obviously...

Its not doing anything for my OCD :crazy::lol:

20180223_230634-1008x756.jpg

Yeh googled a few pictures of them and like you've shown there it' ddefinitely not right, the right side just looks a mess tbh, some look in the wrong place and some just look missing altogether

Here's my 600S, it looks like the same irregular layout to me.

20180225_185334.jpg

Thanks Rob, just had an email from Aquasabi saying that twinstar use an asymmetrical layout of their LEDs and that it's perfectly normal and the way it was designed

I have seen many others that have a symmetrical layout though so it makes me question this, plus.... Why..?

Here's another pic I found online of one

7e5dc7f80f4837385e2670e064dd6687.jpg

Hi,

I've just sent you another mail. Suzre this seems to be kinda odd but you find many pics of Twinstar LEDs with assymetrical LED placement.

Tomorrow we will check in our warehouse if the other 600S have the same placement.

The last picture seems not to be a 600S. It's to long.

Best regards
Tobias

[some posts were added while I was replying]

Interesting update, I'll follow with interest as mine is the same and I received it last week.

Can anyone with a similar Twinstar light check and see if it's just mine that has weird spacing of the LED's as shown on the right on the unit below or a common occurance

Why it's like that I have no idea and see no reason why it shouldn't be a uniform and symmetrical layout obviously...

Its not doing anything for my OCD :crazy::lol:

View attachment 113442

Hi,

The LED matrix is not uniform, however the LED quantity is correct. There is the LED diffuser, so there is not problem. The light is uniform in the tank.

Thank you.

Here's another pic I found online of one

View attachment 113529

Hi,

That is a different model. Depending on both series and model, the LED matrix is different.

We optimized each model, because tanks have different sizes. And this is other reason why we do have different series.

600S (RGB) - up to 60x45x45cm
600E (RGB)- up to 60x35x36/40cm (depending on plants)
600C (WHITE) - new models. Will be available from next week in Europe. Only very efficient white LEDs. Less than 100€

Thank you.

600S over a 60x45x45cm tank. Only 1 month after setup.

Attachments

• Twinstar Light 600S. 1 month after setup.jpg
    Twinstar Light 600S. 1 month after setup.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 329
Hi,

here is a first picture from one of my employees that I've asked yesterday in the evening to make a photo of his own 600S.

twinstar-600s.jpg

As you can see there is also this assymetrical LED placement.

Later we will post a quick shot of a Twinstar 600S from our warehouse.

Best regards
Tobias

As per our emails I appreciate you chasing and keeping us updated on this Tobias, thanks for the replies as well Ricardo.

As long as its designed that way and is meant for whatever reason them I'm happy

Back