• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar 60b should I upgrade?

creg

Hi, I currently have a twinstar 60b on my low tech set up and was thinking of upgrading to the twinstar e series with a dimmer, just wondering if it's worth the cost? Will it make much difference to my plants health or how they look?
IMG_20230206_125437.jpg

Hi, I currently have a twinstar 60b on my low tech set up and was thinking of upgrading to the twinstar e series with a dimmer
Hi @creg, Nice tank. Its always good to have dimming capability. That said, you can always add more floating plants if its too bright and you're getting algae issues. Another thing you can do is to put a strip of black waterproof electrical tape over some of the LEDs. You don't need to rush out and replace your light.

Cheers,
Michael

Most strip lights can be dimmed easily.
Not sure what 5v has to do with it.

I have two Twinstar 60B lights, both with the dimmer shown above, they can also be used with the new dimmer that Twinstar make themselves. Might get better colour rendition etc with a Twinstar E series, but I wouldn't think it's a great way to spend your money for low-tech when your tank is looking great in my eyes.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, excellent advice as always.

Back