• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar E or SA

Fisher2007

I'm in the planning stages of a new 45cm cube and I'm not sure what light to go for

I've narrowed it down to the twinstar E or SA

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the difference? The tank will be CO2 injected but no high demand plants

Thanks

I got 600EA and I believe I don't need more. The cost difference did not justify getting E series which to my understanding has some extra leds.

I’d go SA. Like Jayefc said, you always have the option to dim down if needed.

cheers

Conor

I'm in the planning stages of a new 45cm cube and I'm not sure what light to go for

I've narrowed it down to the twinstar E or SA

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the difference? The tank will be CO2 injected but no high demand plants

Thanks

I prefer the E version , less pinky and more than enough power to grow any plants ;)

E vs S @ 1min

Note that Balasz also chose the 45 EC for his home 45P ;)

Balasz will switch the twinstar for the new aquasky RGB as soon as it will be on the market :D

I think Balasz will use whatever is lying around the shop and George will give a reason whatever for what he is using at that moment! Either way no right or wrong really but I prefer the S version.

The 45-P doesn’t really need it as not too deep, so the E is fine, but I like the reds in plants, wood and fish. It doesn’t look pink, that is just in photographs.

I’d suggest staying away from the C range of Twinstar lights, now that is PINK!

The Standard S (non adjustable) for 45-p will be here in Jan if you would prefer that.

Cheers

S.

I think Balasz will use whatever is lying around the shop
o_O
Balasz switched from the ADA450 to the 45E after a couple weeks

re Twinstar S - you can always see the “rainbow lines” reflected in the tank in video and photos - is this less apparent in real life?

Hi Alto,

You’d need to ask Balsz, I assume he changed to the Twinstar E to bring out the colours a bit more. The ADA light he has is a very cold green looking light.
I suspect the change though was more to what is needed in the shop. I know that’s how we work so assume it is the same! :)

Re the S light, there is no pink in the light in real life. Maybe a very slight rainbow effect on rear wall, cannot see it in the tank.

Twinstar changed the S series to new the new ‘Classic’ (or ‘Twinstar 2) S series just to reduce the pinkish hue in photos (Instagram world!).

An original S light was changed to this in in the shop last last year and I didn’t notice for a month. I just kept thinking the tank looked ‘slightly different’ but couldn’t put my finger on it.
It would have been obvious in a photo though!

Don’t get me started on the new Twinstar C range. If you want pink, you’ve got it...........!:lol:

Thanks all

Still not sure which to go for

Think a trip to Aquarium Gardens to see a comparison maybe in order! And I just might have to stock up on other stuff whilst I'm there

Back