• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar LED

I've considered the 90 cm ES versions for the 70 Gallon I have, finding T5 bulbs is troublesome for the 39W and the RBG mix works, but I like some more user friendly controls.
Radion Ecotech has a FW light where you can control and adjust lights and intensities, and colors.................

350$ per unit vs about 275$ for the more spread out Twinstar in the USA. But the Radio put out more light, but with less evenness. Trade off.

Location Location Location ;)

LED
Ecotech Radion XR15FW Pro G4 $465

And then mount in some fashion

RMS Hanging Kit $60
OR
RMS-15 Mounting Arm $123
OR
RMS Mounting System (better light placement - more suitable for rectangular vs cube tanks) $182

BUT I still need the rails
RMS Track 30.5inch $73

Ecotech Reeflink $150
(Apex goes up rather $$)

Then I've a 90cm x 45cm tank so will actually need 2 XR15FW for more consistent coverage

(note these are best price rates & not my local)

In the end I decided to give Ecotech a miss (especially as they were somewhat evasive regards light tech inquiries)
I'm waiting to see what Twinstar might offer - if they arrive o_O

Hi guys,

The twinstar LED S model have arrived. They look great, see below for pictures. The metal brackets certainly look and feel the part. We will be running 2 x 600SP over our largest 5ft display aquascape, due to be aquascaped on the 11th November (please see thread regarding this event).

They are not on the website at the moment but we can take orders over the phone, or of course in store.

The models we have are 600S, 600SP, 900S, 900SP. The price has increased on this version of the light. The 600S and 600SP is £259. And the 900S and 900SP is £349.

As already mentioned, the new dimmers only work with the E series currently. Dimmers for the S series will be available soon and can be purchased and added to your S series light at a later date.

If anyone would like a dimmer for their E series light, please give me a call as we have these in stock now.

The SP models come with the hanging wire, however you will need to source a light hanging kit (we can supply the EA lighting hanging kits) or you can hang from your ceiling.

21317958_1471161452971292_8570178599941816929_n.jpg

21015683_1461561807264590_8869160847282360384_o.jpg

Cheers :)
Dave

Where can you get the light holder in the last picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sell the Evolution Aqua Lighting hanging bars as seen in picture below. It attaches to your cabinet either at the side or rear. Then simply hang you light from the bars above.

Give us a call if you are interested :) They are not on the website just yet.

HangingKits-Head-590x700px.jpg

Hi, @Aquarium Gardens , I recently bought a Twinstar 900e for my EA Aquascape 900 tank, would you say this light is enough to grow high light plants?

Cheers, Rory.

What are the core differences between the 600E and 600S models (other than the bracket and the price)?

Thanks

I'm interested to buy a 600E and from what I know the 600S is more powerful then 600E
600E has 33 w
600S has 45 w

I'm waiting for more info from those who bought one

More powerful does not mean better :)
It depends on what are you looking for. What is your tank size and which kind of planted tank do you want to setup?

With reference too.

Dear Michal,

No, because it comes calibrated from the factory, with the right "proportions" of light. This way you don't need to worry about it. However if you really want to do it you can use a dimmer on it. If you have any remaining doubts, please let me know.

Thank you

The truth is that LED's are cheap, two most expensive parts are the LED drivers and the case.
I've just ordered 200w of LEDs from Taiwan with postage for just over £2.
They don't have the volume to amortize expensive tooling that would bring the cost down.
Dimmable drivers quickly get very expensive look at the meanwell website,

Even tropica recommend starting at lower light levels then increasing as the tank matures.

I'm not sure I would class the twinstar lamp design as beautiful, I'll post some photos when I finish my mk2 design, combination of bent plywood and parts machined from aluminium billet, I do have the big unfair advantage I'm not on a budget.

Hi guys,

The twinstar LED S model have arrived. They look great, see below for pictures. The metal brackets certainly look and feel the part. We will be running 2 x 600SP over our largest 5ft display aquascape, due to be aquascaped on the 11th November (please see thread regarding this event).

They are not on the website at the moment but we can take orders over the phone, or of course in store.

The models we have are 600S, 600SP, 900S, 900SP. The price has increased on this version of the light. The 600S and 600SP is £259. And the 900S and 900SP is £349.

As already mentioned, the new dimmers only work with the E series currently. Dimmers for the S series will be available soon and can be purchased and added to your S series light at a later date.

If anyone would like a dimmer for their E series light, please give me a call as we have these in stock now.

The SP models come with the hanging wire, however you will need to source a light hanging kit (we can supply the EA lighting hanging kits) or you can hang from your ceiling.

21317958_1471161452971292_8570178599941816929_n.jpg

21015683_1461561807264590_8869160847282360384_o.jpg

Cheers :)
Dave
Hi, have the sp models had the dimmer capability added yet or is this still only available for the e series?
Thanks.

Yes been out for a while now or look at the Hinterfield controller. Details in the sponsor site thread ‘any one tried...’

Dave on honeymoon at the moment, back Monday, hence no reply from AG.

Back