• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar Nano + Issue

davidgorman74

Hi, After changing filter and glass wear setup the Nano doesn't appear to be working, where is best to have this situated? Also how often do people clean there's and do you use the cleaner solution from Twinstar?

The reactors vary on how long they last, much is dependant on how hard your water is, I have very hard water and the reactor in my 500L needs descaling in Citric acid weekly, however the one in my 50l rarely gets done. Eventually they pack in all together, mine in 500l tank last 3-6 months.

Heres a fortnights worth of scale from my 500L

1599478133179.png

Teaspoon of citric acid and boiling water soon makes it as good as new

1599478233113.png

I get replacement reactors for ebay Chihiros mesh replacement work well with them, I normally buy about four at a time to get best price per unit.

With soft water they last much longer.

Edit - if the plug in connector gets wet it sometimes needs a good airing to dry off - mine do end up in tank water sometimes :oops:

Thanks for the advice on cleaning. Where is best to position the Nano in the tank?

I place mine so the rising mist hits the outflow of the filter and skimmer in one tank and in other I have it so the mist gets sucked into the filter inlet

The reactors vary on how long they last, much is dependant on how hard your water is, I have very hard water and the reactor in my 500L needs descaling in Citric acid weekly, however the one in my 50l rarely gets done. Eventually they pack in all together, mine in 500l tank last 3-6 months.

Heres a fortnights worth of scale from my 500L

View attachment 153827

Teaspoon of citric acid and boiling water soon makes it as good as new

View attachment 153828

I get replacement reactors for ebay Chihiros mesh replacement work well with them, I normally buy about four at a time to get best price per unit.

With soft water they last much longer.

Edit - if the plug in connector gets wet it sometimes needs a good airing to dry off - mine do end up in tank water sometimes :oops:

Is this still the method of cleaning? I picked up a used Twinstar Nano Plus which will be arriving soon. Would like to clean the reactor first. How much water do you use with the teaspoon of citric acid?

Is this still the method of cleaning? I picked up a used Twinstar Nano Plus which will be arriving soon. Would like to clean the reactor first. How much water do you use with the teaspoon of citric acid?
There should be no need to clean them, except a quick rinse. The citric acid works well just need a small glass and cover with hot water, if done at water change it doesn't take long. Also worth getting some spare reactors from ebay IMO

There should be no need to clean them, except a quick rinse. The citric acid works well just need a small glass and cover with hot water, if done at water change it doesn't take long. Also worth getting some spare reactors from ebay IMO

Which reactors on ebay? Are they cheaper than £47.99 for the M9 reactors?

Which reactors on ebay? Are they cheaper than £47.99 for the M9 reactors?
I got the Chihiros Mesh Replacement got mine from ebay, but prices have gone up, got about four at a much better price, Ali express seem to be cheapest for single buys but need to shop around

Back