• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Twinstar..what is it?

Jezalinko

Having read bits of this I feel so much better. I purchased sight unseen a 2nd hand Twinstar Nano+ claimed to have had 6 months use. Didn’t run it before cleaning with double strength 8% cleaning vinegar for 2-3hrs. Thinking the vinegar was too strong as cleaning produced a nice clump of silicone. After rinse it producd pretty bubbles for a bit & then just didn’t. Light on different settings blinks for a minute then goes solid with no change.
Anyway moral of my story is I feel better because reading your posts I realised it’s not just me that suffers from “I’ll just try this it’ll be fine…” 🙄
So thanks for that 👍

Sam66

I've not read this whole thread and not even sure what they do but I stumbled across some DIY twinstar prints on Thingiverse whilst looking for something else: Search Thingiverse - Thingiverse

Might be worth a look if you have a 3D printer and want to make one.

Tankless

just to note make sure you use the correct ratio of vinegar to water as mentioned above. I used too much vinegar in mine and killed the probe :(

Whats the correct ratio? I just bought a used twinstar nano plus. Want to clean the existing reactor and use it for a few months before I replace it with a new reactor.

Last edited:

Stu Worrall

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team