• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twisty twisty

Geoffrey Rea

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
upload_2019-2-24_21-30-1.jpeg

Looks great, a really unique scape.

Hai @Geoffrey Rea san. Looking really good, it fitted in the tank perfectly!

I picked up some JBL Pro Haru glue today for my new scape, that’s what you need to stick all the bits together. It’ll stick to your stick (and rock) like....! :)

@Siege I'm still picking off the remnants of the last tube of super glue to explode in my hands :lol:

Add a layer of Pro Haru on top and I'd be done for. It is brilliant stuff though.

This time I'm going for the rush of danger that comes with deciding whether its time to remove the weight on the wood or not :nailbiting:

That light looks not bright enough for this scape, is that normal?

Nice Wood btw

It most definitely is not up to the job @CooKieS :lol:

Got a Kessil A160 on order that should have been in today, looking like it may arrive tomorrow. That desk lamp was only on momentarily so you could see the scape.

Excuse the additional rocks on top of the wood. They’re just there until the wood is soaked and stops trying to float

More importantly :angelic:

What’s with the additional plants o_O

I kept looking at the scape, then the TC plant photo, then scape, then plants :crazy:
thinking, my TC are never that full :(

Finally twigged to the blatantly red plants :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you for not mossing that gorgeous wood :D

Plant list:

Glossostigma elatinoides
Gratiola viscidula
Ranunculus inundatus
Rotala Green (maybe)
Rotala macrandra
Rotala rotundifolia
Pogostemon erectus
Proserpinaca palustris

(Rotala bonsai got scrapped)

:lol: I kept looking for the R ‘Bonsai’

Thanks for the plant list

Kessil on...

upload_2019-3-1_18-44-26.jpeg

upload_2019-3-1_18-45-36.jpeg

Can’t wait to get rid of the rocks weighing down the manzanita but don’t dare remove them this early on.

Also got a load of Buce that was intended to go in here, maybe at the back to form a tree of Buce:

upload_2019-3-1_18-48-47.jpeg

Given the small leaves of most species it’s going to look odd though. Back to the drawing board on that one. Maybe just poach the Anubias Nana bonsai for the foreground.

This aquarium is sitting on the work desk at home and I’ve got to say that since it’s been slapped next to the computer absolutely no work has been done :lol:

Looks really nice, especially with the moody kessil lighting. I’m not surprised no work has been done, aquascapes are enveloping little systems that draw attention.....they only get more that way when livestock is added :D
Cool tank.

That might explain the thyme on hands thingie?
;)

A play on words @Hades but also a bit of irony as these days anyone who knows me knows my life is 24/7 to an extreme end right now as are other people’s for sure.

Glad people are liking the Kessil / Dennerle scapers combo. Do believe point source has its place. Another tool in the hobby to be used at your own discretion. Hanging pretty close to the water though. Currently looking for alternative ways of hanging.

The Kessil lights look very dramatic, like bright sun lancing into a dark jungle pool. Also the the ripple effect is nice. Keep up the good work. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back