• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two Filter Lily pipes arrangment

N_F_S

Seedling
Hello again,

I have one more doubt, related to my new setup and my filter locations. I have read all the CO2 and Filter sections, and I don't find answer to this. Sorry if it is a repost.

• 1,70 tank
  • 2 Oase Biomaster 850 Filters
  • CO2 inline in both filters

I want to avoid spraybars, due aesthetics reasons, and I want to know the best location to install the 2 inlets and 2 outlets Lily Pipes.

My LFS says the better arrangement is like ADA, 4 pipes (two filters) on the same side, and the flow goes to another end and back through the carpet. Avoid a lot of debris deposit in the middle (because the mixing flows). I'm afraid the outlet of the 850 can't keep with the flow to reach the other end of the tank.
I have researched some famous aquascapers and saw the following.

• Filipe Oliveira, even with only one filter, mount one pipe on each side, on the bigger tanks
  • Green Aqua, always one filter on each side (1 out and 1 in each side)
  • Jurijs Jutjajevs like Green Aqua
  • George Farmer, I didn't find examples with two filters on photos.

So, after this, I'm more confused than in the beginning

Hi

its unclear from your details as to the size and dimensions of your tank. Not sure what 1.70 is representing.

Hi

its unclear from your details as to the size and dimensions of your tank. Not sure what 1.70 is representing.
170cm Long x 50cm width x 60cm height

One Lily pipe on each side on diagonal corners should give the optimal flow for any given filter output in a bigger tank with a lily pipe setup IMO, George Farmer use to have two on two his big tank some time back
Thank you Zeus, one more time. If I understand you well, you are talking one in and out pair in each side?

Hi I run two filters on my 1200 I have them inlet and out let on the front left and inlet and out let on right back both facing along the tank
20201022_183812.jpg

As you can see in the image
Works perfectly

If I understand you well, you are talking one in and out pair in each side?
Just like @Jayefc1 has done, surface skimmer on one inlet very handy too IMO.

There is one school of thought to use the intake from the right to feed the filter on the left and visa versa on other side, which if you was using twin spray bars along the back it would help the mixing of the CO2 enhance water esp. if you was only using one CO2 injection. However with Lily pipes and esp. with twin CO2 injectors I would not cross the intake feeds over and keep the hoses as short as possible for ease of maintenance and enhanced output

Just like @Jayefc1 has done, surface skimmer on one inlet very handy too IMO.

There is one school of thought to use the intake from the right to feed the filter on the left and visa versa on other side, which if you was using twin spray bars along the back it would help the mixing of the CO2 enhance water esp. if you was only using one CO2 injection. However with Lily pipes and esp. with twin CO2 injectors I would not cross the intake feeds over and keep the hoses as short as possible for ease of maintenance and enhanced output
I know this is an old thread, but was hoping for some advice. I've got two biomaster 600s for my 200 litre high tech aquarium with a single in tank Co2 diffuser. What position would you recommend setting up the out takes and intakes? Also where to place the in tank diffuser, I do have a inline diffuser but found it to cause BBA when cleaning it.
I'm using a spray bar on the side with the inlet beside it.
Thanks

I would place the outlets so they complement each, so they increase the flow in the tank. In tank diffusors are best place below or opposite an outlet. Its a judgement call how best it works for your tank. I prefer opposite the outlet esp if the bubbles are forced down to the substrate level before being carried around the tank in the flow. The tank should have a lots of very small bubbles which should be swirling round tank as much as possible IMO.

I would place the outlets so they complement each, so they increase the flow in the tank. In tank diffusors are best place below or opposite an outlet. Its a judgement call how best it works for your tank. I prefer opposite the outlet esp if the bubbles are forced down to the substrate level before being carried around the tank in the flow. The tank should have a lots of very small bubbles which should be swirling round tank as much as possible IMO.
Thanks for the advice, I'll set up the sprays bars together and experiment where to place the diffuser.

Spaybars normaly work best at the back of the tank, pushing water to the front. Idealy the water jetting put should reach the front glass when tank is half full or less. Also worth noting is smaller holes in the spraybar do reduce the filters output BUT smaller holes get the water to 'jet' out at a higher velocity and the higher the velocity of the water jetting out creates more 'flow' ie tank turnover. In the words of our much loved CO2 expert Clive - Flow is King of the high tech tank. Better to have too much than not enough. I had Maxspect Gyres fitted to my 500L and very high flow rate at times x30. Had no big fish and the small ones and shrimp had no issues with it.

Back