• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two kinds of plant people!

I came across this on Facebook which put a smile on my face. Couldn't help but think about UKAPS forum :D I think I must be one of the "I think I can save it" people. Had some growing tips of Siamensis B floating in the top of my tank for about 2 months hoping to one day get enough to plant in the substrate again. I can only dream :facepalm:
Every time the flow of the water drags them under and traps them under other plants I keep fishing them out so they can float on the surface and get some much needed co2, essentially they are in the planted tank equivalent of ICU :nurse: they only have about 8 leaves a piece and I'm sure one of them drops off every time a new one appears :banghead:

Happy Friday plant keepers, which ever type you are!
plant people.jpg

I particularly like the healthy plant with one yellow leaf on. That would have a forum member on here adjusting bubble counts and doing a science degree. ;)

"I think I can save it"
For aquatics I only buy "healthy" for house and garden plants always haunt the sick bay. Wife is a dab hand at buying a pot of sticks for pence and growing it on to something good that would have been expensive. She's just bought about thirty pounds of alpines for about a fiver and I got a house plant reduced from £30 to £10 and in very good condition.

PS (does any one know what [ +quote ] is about) I'm a spanners and oily rag type of person. The last time I used quote it just quoted as above.

Last edited:
Hi all,
For aquatics I only buy "healthy" for house and garden plants always haunt the sick bay.
Same for me, I mainly buy remaindered garden and house plants, but I have a pretty good idea of what is wrong with them and whether they are retrievable. It would be fair to say I still probably only have about a 50% hit rate long term, and I now use the <"three strikes and your out"> method.

Aquatic plants are a bit different and I'm wary of buying anything that doesn't look entirely healthy, or with a name I don't recognize.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back