• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two sisters

I'm jealous. Most of the "junk" stones in Malaysia are limestone or light coloured granite-like, so not easy to use in a tank. The granite-like ones break off like slate, which doesn't suit well to an iwagumi.

I'm jealous. Most of the "junk" stones in Malaysia are limestone or light coloured granite-like, so not easy to use in a tank. The granite-like ones break off like slate, which doesn't suit well to an iwagumi.
Atleast you should have good fish and plant nurseries there.

That doesn't sound good at all. It means you have to wash, wash and wash again.
Usually a 24 hour soak in a bucket, changing the water 2-3 times works. If not, the shrimps will probably be dead. Plant condition is also important, some plants will melt if placed in a bucket for 24 hours, probably because it spent a few days being shipped in the first place.

It's going great so far...I really enjoy looking at it every day.
55e4f31dce923_20150830_1922112.thumb.jpg

I really enjoy looking at it every day.
An aquarium is more interseting than watching TV series, even more educative then the for ever repeating itself History Channel. :)
And a lovely tank like this is even better than watching a hollywood movie. At least this tank has a never ending plot with real characters.
:clap:

I love this. This is the style of scape (2 island) that I hope to have a tank large enough to pull off one day. Questions... How do you address flow behind the islands? How do you keep the sand so clean lol?

Lovely! Reminds me what I did with an older scape of mine, which I unfortunately changed and its never looked as good. Put some angel fish in there!

Thanks for the compliments.

I love this. This is the style of scape (2 island) that I hope to have a tank large enough to pull off one day. Questions... How do you address flow behind the islands? How do you keep the sand so clean lol?
The flow behind (on) the Islands isn't much at all actually and it doesn't need to be as I only have low to medium light, it also helps that my filter inlets are at the far corners (behind) those islands which draw the flow to them.
The sand is staying pretty clean so far, I siphoned it ones but I don't even think I needed to do it as the Amano shrimp are constantly cleaning it for me. Also just as Edvet mentioned, "cheap Chinese labor"...LOL.

Looks awesome really like the concept and even more the execution

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The hobby-grade angelfish don't grow very tall. Only the wild ones like altums will grow to be 10 inches tall. Amano shrimps will be ok... once they're big enough, they won't fit into the mouths of hobby-grade angelfish. Cherry shrimps will be food.

Back