• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two worlds [THE END]

Re: Plant-O-matic

Thanks mates! :)

Ian I hope I can keep them as red & healthy as they are now, always a challenge, a CO2 one. :)

Jim I work every day in this tank but usually I trim a plant once a week or every two weeks if it's a slow/moderate grower. I try to avoid them shading others, a little bit hard with this kind of arrangement and a tank height of only 30cm not counting the gravel.

Cheers,
Mike

Re: Plant-O-matic & little brother

A quick shot of my low tech :)

6177463748_31b1b8d1b4_b.jpg

Back to the main tank, not much happened, plants are growing nice, replanted glosso to thicken it a bit.

gUSH glassware is on the way, I have to thank Tobi from aquasabi.de again but I first need to see they arrived in one piece. :lol:

As for the new ADA ferts (Green Gain & ECA) they really boost plant growth after trimming but they don't improve coloring, neither greens nor reds. So if anyone's looking for a way to get his plants nicely colored think about lowering nitrates and upping the light slightly above moderate levels, on the other hand if you need them to display dark greens lowering the light/shading them is the solution. :)

A new picture soon.

After chasing all day the courier throughout the city I finally managed to put my hands on the package with the gUSH glassware. Stay tuned for updates. :)

Re: Two worlds - a new beginning

After the long waiting of my lily's it's time for this aquascape to go into its final stage.
I've spent all night cleaning it and replanting everything, it wasn't an easy task, took me around 5 hours last night but I enjoy doing this if I don't do it everyday. :)
I'll try and keep a more strict trimming and maintaining schedule from now on and hopefully it will look as planned.

6222873380_05abc83c17_b.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Mike

That is nicely minimalistic. Your blue wall also helps :lol: The only problem is the heater sticking out!

Thanks mate, fortunately I can remove easily the heater but this time I wanted in the shot, soon I'll replace it but now the most important thing is to upgrade my photo gear with a strobe kit, winter is coming and I want something to play with. :)

The most joy a tank brings I think are its inhabitants, I love capturing them in the photos though it's not an easy task every time with a manual lens.

6226202529_47847db095_b.jpg

6226722970_175e377433_b.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

This is lovely. I wish though, you'd let it grow before moving plants around. It was looking good, then you changed it :wideyed:

Thanks Mark. I had to change it, I didn't want to do that but, unfortunately, there were many spots with plenty of algae and it needed a good clean, I also wanted to limit the fast grower's number as they were shading the other plants around. Hopefully this time the things will turn out fine, if not, I'm a man with endless patience. :lol:

The last photo for today, the DOF is a little bit shallow, I'll try another one next time.

6227222864_83b310978c_b.jpg

Hemigrammus erythrozonus

Thanks, my photos are nice but still lack the artistic touch but I'm sure they'll improve in time .. I'm still a novice. :)

Cheers,
Mike

Still a little bit of diatoms triggered by recent trimming but the tanks is doing fine, just wanted to post another photo with my fish.

6238050524_b834f7e04d_b.jpg

Back