• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two worlds [THE END]

Re: Plant-O-matic

Thanks Tom.

Just ordered Green Gain & ECA from HK just for an old curiosity of mine.
Hope they arrive in a week so I can test them before the final shot. :)

6106875374_4498137046_b.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

The tank is doing fine more or less, I've decided to leave the reflectors out, there's too much light for this shallow tank with 2x28w + reflectors. I loved the pearling and the fact that the plants turned red but it's too hard to maintain the tank, I need to trim h. polysperma every day so it doesn't shade everything around.

The last full tank test shot is coming on Saturday and the next week I'll do the final one. Keep your eyes on this topic for updates. :)

Best,
Mike

A different angle:
6130709558_2064d87934_b.jpg

[EDIT] A short story for those interested, you can see in the picture how I trim blyxa, just like regular lawn, doesn't really matter how short, it will back grow back in a week. I prefer this method it's much easier.

Nice looking tank and plants! I always think by myself how you get such great pics, i have a canon eos550d with efs 18-135mm lens but i cannot get such great pictures as you guys....Wuts the secret :p

Mark Evans said:
looking sweet mate! you need to let me come and do that 'blue' background thing for you :wave:
:thumbup: Sure mate, any time.

Peke take some photography classes, they helped me a bit. :)
I'm using a 450D hopefully at the end of the year a 60D and next year a 24-105 f4 for now I'm happy with my Taks (28mm f3.5 & 50mm f1.8 ).

Mike

I'll bring the mountain to Mohammed. No worries! :)

So the reflectors are back in, I love to look at plants pearling too much :lol: what can I say, I'm addicted.
I've also moved around the hardware a bit: spray bar to the left, powerhead out. Still struggling with BBA here and there, nothing to worry about, the powerhead improved nothing unfortunately just made it worse. Let's see if this time it won't spread that fast.

Speaking of pearling:
6137367424_d91d30bd8e_b.jpg

Didiplis diandra

6137369708_e9568a0144_b.jpg

Some rotalas .. sorry for the bad focus.

Mike

Nope but the light setup is kinda strong .. shallow tank (30cm) and 2x24w T5's with reflectors that gives me an exposure of 1/100 at f3.5, ISO100.

Picture taken with SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8 (second picture):
1972: SMC TAKUMAR 1:1.8/55 - rubberized focus ring, open aperture metering on Spotmatic F, ES and ESII

Nice lens, bought from UK :lol:

Cheers,
Mike

[EDIT]Forgot .. I use 2x24w to light the back :)

Thanks! Glad you like it. :)
Tom, mate, autumn is coming so we'll find plenty of inspiration. I haven't taken my camera outside lately either. :)

I'm going to use the last full tank picture I've taken for AGA:
6038457766_661215425c_b.jpg

I wish I could've come with a better one for this contest but it's a pain keeping plants from spreading even though I do daily trimming.

Last night I've started to prepare it for the next phase, that means I've stripped off all the plants that develop long roots like blyxa, staurogyne and replaced HC with glosso. I'm going to keep some h. polysperma here and there but it's going to be replaced soon with rotalas.

Looks a bit like a construction yard right now but I'm sure it will look better soon. It really needed a good clean.
Next time I swear I'm not going to use Power Sand anymore, I've spent two hours picking it after pulling the plants. :thumbdown:

Cheers,
Mike (Mihai) :)

I've been cleaning this little monster all week ... hopefully it will recover soon.
Few rocks added and some new rotalas should arrive next week to fill the gaps.

6155356931_8e3591ff6c_b.jpg

(the images are resized a bit awkward ...)

Mr Nobody aka me decided to take a stand against the current monochromatic trend in aquascaping and just enjoy trimming and playing with beautiful plants. Find this more entertaining than trade my soul to the devil. :lol: For me, posting here on UKAPS is more than enough.

So, let's get back to the tank. :)
6175304845_72ed4ab1c6_b.jpg

Added more red rotala and a couple of rotala sp. mini on the right side.

Thanks for looking.
Mike

nice to see the red in there mate, love the way you have worked it around the sword.

Back