• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two worlds

Lovely looking tank, and amazing looking discus! Plant growth looks good too :)

If I can offer constructive criticism, the large wooden branch doesn't look very natural to my eyes. Does it give a good place for the discus to spawn? Natural looking or not, it's a nice bit of wood :)

Thank you, the wood looks strange, I agree, however I hope that Bolbitis Heudelotii will cover the wood in the future and the wood will disappear. And discus like it so much

I hope so, but Bolbitis is realy slow growing plant - it will take long time:arghh:

I have been bussy for few months, so here is small update, sorry for bad pictures quality, but I´m not good with camera

47.jpg

the cabinet is finally finished

46.jpg

Pogostemon erectus and Rotala wallichii are growing well

45.jpg

Limnophila aromatica is new in the tank

as well as Cryptocoryne wendtii "Flamingo" in the back, Alternanthera reineckii"Mini" is old, but nice
44.jpg

and one more final picture
43.jpg

I think that's the nicest discus tank I've seen on ukaps. The fish are absolutely stunning! They really stand out against the bright greens in the tank.

Thank You for comments. The tank is not finished yet, however I´m trying to do my best. More plants are on the way, so new pictures will come soon.

Stunning tank, and it serves as a great inspiration for a tank I hope to start up nearer Christmas time, similar size.

Can you let me know how you've dealt with CO2 dispersion? Looks like a single diffuser under one lily pipe outlet.. is that right? Do you just have the two Eheims working on opposite ends of the tank?

Also, what temperature are you running at? And what stones are those..?
:)

Thank You, you are right I have the only one CO2 diffuser on the right side of the tank, two inflow and one outflow pipe on the left. The water in the tank create whirl and CO2 is distributted all over the tank (I used also drop checker to be sure). I use pH controler to have CO2 stable. Filter are two Eheims each of them has separete inflow pipe and are conected to one outflow. Teperature is 28° - 29°. Stones are dolomite (I have found them in Italy).

Hi, it si realy simple. You need just one T conection - stronger filter is going straight through conection, weaker is conected from the side.

21.jpg

I haven´t been here for a while, so I´d like to post new picture. The tank went through many changes, I hope you will like it.

Back