• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Type of snail?

Richard40

Any idea what type of snail this is? Has come in on a bought plant.
B4904B4B-B86D-4C2D-B7D8-EEBE94F41C55.jpeg
F2BE3C71-B6B8-4B82-B6BE-20681C575CF8.jpeg

Tanks 4 weeks old, noticed a load of eggs on the glass. How can I get rid of these, just take them out as I see them?

Tanks 4 weeks old, noticed a load of eggs on the glass. How can I get rid of these, just take them out as I see them?

Yes I'd remove the eggs but the chances are you'll miss some.
I don't really have a problem with Physella,they do their little bit in cleaning up algae and I'm careful not to overfeed my fish but any excess are fed to my Dwarf puffers.
If they become a problem then Assassin snails are a good natural way to control them.

I’ve got no fish in there, so I haven’t fed anything other than for the crystal shrimp and that’s only twice a week. They seem to be multiplying without any food in there!

Your rams should keep the tiny baby snails in check (they seem to do this with most snails) but I suspect the larger snails are not particularly tasty (when I tried feeding “squashed snail” to my community, no one was interested :rolleyes:)

I remove these whenever I see them as
- least attractive snail (they remind me of the slug horrors of my first rock garden)
- very prolific (even with minimal food)

Back