• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Uk online supplier for moss?

Ajm200

Hi,

My husband found two huge bits of driftwood for my new tank that will be too much unless i can soften the look with some moss. I like the look of spiky/pheonix moss and fissendens fontanus but haven't kept either before. Does they adhere well to driftwood and would they drape/hang in the same way as Xmas moss? Also will either spread like crazy and take over the tank?

Not sure about ordering from overseas ebayer. Anyone know of a good uk online seller?

Would also consider Xmas moss but again struggling to source it? Could kick myself as I had loads until a couple of months ago. It had attached itself to the back of my river reef tank and was a pretty moss wall but I got bored with it after a year or so ditched it not realising how difficult it is to get hold of or how much it sells for on eBay as mine arrived in another plant or with some shrimp. Had a 6" plant pot full - wish i had it now! Dumb newbie decision - easy to tell I'm new at this game. Lfs did get some Xmas moss in but it was in a sorry state.

Any tips on wher to get plants/moss online greatly appreciated

Thanks

I've just joined the forum. Can't see that section but found the announcement about 25 post limit so i guess that's why. :( . Will try that when I can though - thanks for the tip :)

Feel daft for thinking all mosses would be as cheap and pleniful like java moss. Getting enough to cover the top of 2ft of driftwood is going to take a while or cost a bomb from abroad. oh well

Thanks everyone. Hopefully got some Xmas moss coming from ycsn02 and garuf has given me a link for other types so should be sorted for both tanks.

It's great to have found such a friendly helpful forum!

Back