• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UK version of rotala sp. green?

Mark Evans

Expert
i've been down to my local river and in a little cut back, there are some stems growing in the margins. I've known about them for a year or so, but with my interest for native SP. I took a cutting.

it's identical to rotala sp. green. does anyone know what this could be?

it's took to the tank instantly, straightening up to the light within an hour.

i'll grow it on to see how a thicket would look. it'll take time as there's only 1 stem

it's not that Sam. it is however, identical to rotala sp. green. i've flicked through my aquajournals, and unbelievably it's the exact clone.

here it is.middle of screen. defo like sp. green

sp.jpg

samc said:
oh damn! it really is. was it growing 100% submerged?

100% submerged sam. Last summer there was loads, along with another variety of stem. just before winter hit the numbers had dropped (i'll try and dig out the pic) i've gone back today, and there's just a few left. it was really dirty, covered in crap but the give away signs of a stem plant were all there.

I've got the one cutting, which has 3 or 4 new shoots so i'll grow it on a bit.

Could actually be R. Green. I had it growing out doors in the summer. I'd keep quiet though, don't want it getting put on any band lists. Really great plant though, I wouldn't mind getting my hand on some.

Back