• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKaps ADA Showcase - Comments

Re: UKaps ADA Showcase

Yeah i know, thats what I dont like about it..........it looks totaly differant now, but the newer version will be enterd into the AGA later this year, maybe a better result in that.

Hi Graham,nice scape well done,dont be too hard on yourself you know you can do better you need to have more time,regards john

898th.

Nice one fellow Founders, Graeme and Dan, for thrashing me! I bet you're chuffed... ;)

I don't have my actual entry photo here but you get the idea.

f_optiwhite60m_0275e40.jpg

George Farmer said:
I bet you're chuffed... ;)[/img]
Yup! :lol:
I've got plenty of pics of your tank mate so i'll pop it up tomorrow in the same style as mine, same goes for you Graeme (if you want of course?)
Congrats to you both on your rankings and i couldn't have got mine without you :D

ulster exile said:
Those 'scapes are amazing. They inspire and depress me at the same time - they are just so good and you can really see an artist's touch in each and every one. A sincere "well done" to those who entered :)

they are truely amazing guys.. some incredible work there for sure!

Dont worry Chrisi :) Ill never be anything like half as good as that either :) but its still nice to do our little bit huh? :)

George Farmer said:
898th.

Nice one fellow Founders, Graeme and Dan, for thrashing me! I bet you're chuffed... ;)

I don't have my actual entry photo here but you get the idea.

f_optiwhite60m_0275e40.jpg

thats lovely George.. whats the red plant? it looks amazing

hey planter, i thought you were entering your other tank? that was better i thought. this still looks great though. like dan says...unique!

mark

Unfortunatley Mark my timing was bad and the other scape (s) were not ready by the ADA deadline :(
They have been enterd for AGA though :)

I put this scape in just for the hell of it without great expectations, TBH its quite rewarding just to see my name amongst the uk entries.

George and Graeme, both your scapes are superb fellas, it just goes to show how high the standard is in the ADA comp.
I have a feeling next year will be OUR year :D

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
Dont worry Chrisi :) Ill never be anything like half as good as that either :) but its still nice to do our little bit huh? :)

You're too modest Matt ;) and yes, it's still nice to try.

Every single picture in this thread which has evoked an emotive response from me, whether it was reliving my memories of Murlough Bay in Co. Down after seeing Planter's "Coast" or the serenity I feel looking at Dan's 'scape to name but two examples! To know that something you have created has had such an effect on others must be an amazing feeling and I'm surprised that there were only 12 UK entries given the amount of tanks on here which do that for me :)

Great scapes guys and congrats in having the guts to enter :) now its time to start again for next year and increase those numbers and improve on the scapes, suprised "At Forest's Gate" didn't do better, the photo doesn't do it justice.

I am going to enter mine in the AGA competition just for the hell of it, not like I will ever win anything lol

Its great to see so much excitement, its very rewarding to see your posts. This is what Ukaps is about, we as founders are doing our job, Ukaps is working. That makes me very happy...really really good to see the hobby growing and new members getting involved and entering competitions. I remember first hearing about the AGA and it was a night mere just trying to find out even what it was. So this society is doing great in my eyes!!!! :D

Happy days every one!!!

Cheers.

Graeme Edwards said:
Its great to see so much excitement, its very rewarding to see your posts. This is what Ukaps is about, we as founders are doing our job, Ukaps is working. That makes me very happy...really really good to see the hobby growing and new members getting involved and entering competitions. I remember first hearing about the AGA and it was a night mere just trying to find out even what it was. So this society is doing great in my eyes!!!! :D

Happy days every one!!!

Cheers.

Hear hear!

So here we go with the first two of the UKaps - ADA showcase tanks. I have the spec for Tom's tank but the rest of you if you could PM me the details then i'll do yours too and hopefully make a webpage for the UKaps website.
Click on the image for a better view

This is the principal design in which the calendar will be based. Lets get all this together then i can go round and tidy it all up, once i have enough then i'll make the calender. There is still an issue with not everyone wanting there pictures available for high quality download. I'll leave all that for the other thread.

Back