• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS BBQ 2009 @ Dan Crawford's - Photos

It was great to see everyone on Saturday, and great to put more faces to Ukaps names :D

Big thanks to Dan for hosting the event, and to all the mods for putting all the effort into organising it - you guys are a credit to aquascaping :D Also, thanks to the sponsors for their generous donations too - plenty of nice rock and wood for the scape off :D

I wish I could have stayed for the ukaps 5, but I had to get back to look after Sara, I'm sure I felt better than you guys yesterday though :lol:

I didnt take a camera this time, so I look forward to seeing the pics from George,

Cheers

Tony

Hey guys. I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who made the effort to come over, i had a ball as some of you could tell LOL Meeting everyone again was great and meeting the eagerly awaited London Dragon and TDi Line was great too. George's military precision ensured that all went smoothly so i can't take any credit for that. Steve was the perfect chef too so full respect goes out to him. And Brother Edwards, what a legend! The sponsors did us proud yet again with loads of goodies.
Thanks again to everyone and i hope to see you all real soon :D

Also looking forward to the rest of the photos... Sounds like ya'll had an awesome time, absolutly gutted i couldnt go!!!

It was an awesome day! Toxic!! (In the words of John!)

As I hadn't bought any food, and managed to raid my fridge for only a few drinks to bring with me (It was a busy week last week!) I thought I should man the BBQ to do my bit :) I was explaining to George how making a charcoal fire, with firelighters, was much like making a scape in that you have to have things piled and positioned correctly. Yes, I'm that sad :lol:

I was amazed at all the hardscape and gravels various sponsors of the day had provided! So much Unipac gravel! Some cracking stuff, and I came home with some small bags of graded gravel! (Donation will be forthcoming!)

I really enjoyed the scaping contest! Myself, Tony and Leigh (CeeBee's other half and soon to be plant enthusiast - we were brainwashing him hard!!) struggled with various bits of wood, and decided on the monstrous pieces. They were huge for a 60cm but I think it worked well! Can't wait to see the photos!

John, Dan (TDI-Line) Paulo and Caroline came up with a great scape too, using some fantastic bits of fossilised wood, along with some really branchy sumatra wood. It was a close run thing!

As we won the contest, and as the 60cm tank we were using was donated by me, we made Leigh take it home as his first ever planted tank! We loaded him up with some of the plants from Fluid Sensor and I think he was chuffed to bits! One of the conditions was that he made a journal when he planted it up. Hopefully that'll be soon, when they get a light unit and filter for it!

Dan was a great host! Keeping everyone entertained :) His house was a real state when we finished the night, but it was well worth it I reckon! Hopefully he's recovered from the vodka!

Oh, and the UKAPS 5 (drink untill 5am) unfortunately got as far as UKAPS 1 :lol: We made it to 1am and those of us left turned in for the night. :lol:

Thanks again to Graeme for giving me a lift home. Hope you didn't get too lost on the way out of Coventry!

I'll get a load of pics up tonight - I promise!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still recovering!! I did 2hrs of CV work in the gym this morning in an effort to sweat out the toxins, and lose the half a stone I'd put on through eating and drinking my own body weight in meat and beer!

Happy times. Looking forward to the next one!

Nice pics george,
jesus my hair looks whiter every time is it in a pic :lol: :lol: ,
regards john.

I love that hardscape in the full tank shot! Who done that?

Nice photos, thanks for sharing. :)

Back