• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS @ Hagen Show

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
I was recently given the honour of being asked to aquascape some aquariums for Hagen at their forthcoming trade show in Leamington-Spa, Warwickshire over the weekend of the 5th Sept.

I say 'honour', as Hagen are the largest privately run pet manufacturer and distributor in the world.

There's a few tanks to set-up (two are over 300 litres) so I've asked my 'scaping buddy, Dan Crawford, to help me out.

Plants will be generously donated by The Green Machine (Tropica), and decor by Unipac.

I am really excited about the event and showing the aquarium industry professionals what UKAPS and the UK aquascaping scene has to offer.

There will be plenty of opportunity for Dan and I to give the planted tank and aquascaping scene a real boost. Let's face it, neither us of are shy or lack enthusiasm for the subject!

We'll update you with photos and more details from the event in the near future.

I'm seriouls excited about this one :D two 300l tanks to scape in two days, thats my kind of weekend! Lets just hope they turn out alright hey, don't wanna give UKaps a bad name :?

do us proud!!! :clap:

Shame is a trade show would of love to come down and cheer you on! Although two fish things in two weekends (oliver knott at TGM following weekend) may be frowned upon! :D

Nice one guys, enjoy the show.

SteveUK said:
Awesome guys! Is this a trade only show then? Leamington is like, 5 miles from me ;) Mind, that's the weekend before I fly off on holiday :)

You are UKAPS staff Steve, so I reckon you should be able to get in with Dan & George ;)

SteveUK said:
Awesome guys! Is this a trade only show then? Leamington is like, 5 miles from me ;) Mind, that's the weekend before I fly off on holiday :)
Me too Steve where you going ?

Keep Dan off the sauce and it should be blinding. :silent:

Dave.

Thanks for the words of support, everyone!

It should be a very beneficial exercise for all involved - a proper win-win scenario.

We've got some layout designs planned and look forward to implementing them in the environment where Dan and I work best - under pressure (maybe with hangovers too...!)

Going to Unipac HQ prior to the event will be fun in itself. Imagine a supermarket-sweep style affair but replace groceries with hardscape materials and substrates!

George Farmer said:
Going to Unipac HQ prior to the event will be fun in itself. Imagine a supermarket-sweep style affair but replace groceries with hardscape materials and substrates!
is there a drool smiley? :D

Wow George /Dan,
big ukaps massive to you guys do us proud but most of all have fun too,
Daniel behave yourself :lol:,
regards john.

Just a suggestion to anyone interested in attending who's not strictly trade: exhibition organisers are very keen to maximise attendance figures, as it helps sell stands at next year's show. So if you can invent a justification for attending - maybe you're developing your plans to open an LFS, or to set up online trading, or whatever - the organisers will be happy to register you as a visitor (do it in advance by email).

Don't give the game away while you're there, don't bring the family, don't ask ridiculous questions, act in a businesslike fashion, and everyone's happy. Remember, you'll be doing the organisers a favour - they only get nervous when non-genuine-visitor numbers are excessively boosted by Joe-Public pretenders, because the exhibitors don't like it - but that only happens at things like Motor Trade Shows.

It really works, trust me - I used to work in the exhibition industry.

Back