UKAPS Issues over last couple days

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Apologies for not being able to provide your UKAPS fix today, but we had a major server issue which could not be recovered.

Server guys had to rebuild it from scratch, transfer all the data across to new server and then I had to spend a couple hours tonight sorting out the rest.

Let me know if you spot any issues.

Cheers
Paulo

zozo

Yes about time!! Thanks Paulo!! What would we be without you!?.. We have serious withdrawal symptoms.. Is there some accomodation for PTSS counseling? I have no fingernails left.. :nailbiting:

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
After all that in the end got a really good senior engineer looking into the case, that actually knew what he was doing and tweaked the server for me also, so the forum should be a lot snappier now on the new server ;) much happier with the setup now, so you could say it was worth the trouble ;)

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The pleasures of being a sysadmin.... we host for a few major brands, so feel your pain when things go wrong... However, most of the time its working like a charm..
Yeah, I am a sysadmin wannabe! As a profession I look after the infrastructure required to run all these systems on ;) I am more about virtualizing the network than virtualizing the servers!! lol
One thing you can always guarantee if that things will break, and just have to try and get it back ASAP if service affecting ;)

alto

Awesomeness :cool: is LD :geek:

May just be from my Wrong Side of the Ocean but server stops responding intermittently (unavailable I think the message is, sorry I'll try to take better note next time)
- it always comes back in a moment or so (or several, but this is more the exception)