• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Members' IAPLC 2010 Showcase

Themuleous said:
You've been keeping that one quite, Peter! Jaw dropping, it really is.

Sam

Thanks Sam, yeah Getting into trouble keeping things quiet!!

I wonder why the images are out of focus when they are posted on the board, click on them and they are ok, I havent come across that before, Im just direct linking them from photobucket with the

I love the look of E. vivipara. of course, when I used it it was next to some M. umbrosum. Now that is when it becomes high maintenance. :oops:

Nice flow to the wood, Zig.

Dave.

After seeing such nice tanks I am almost embarased for posting mine, it wasn't last at least! .. :) but here it goes:

[LAYOUT TITLE]
Green Starter

[AQUARIUM SIZE]
W: 20 x D: 20 x H: 20 (cm)
Dymax Acrylic

[WATER PLANTS]
- Hydrocotyle Verticillata
- Staurogyne sp.
- Elocharis acicularis
- Fissidens Fontanus

[FISH]
- 5 Neocaridina Heteropoda (Cherry Shrimp)

[SUBSTRATE]
Tropica aquacare plant substrate, toped with river sand

[FILTER]
Inbuilt Dymax trickle plate, course mechanical filter and large foam for mechanical and biological filtration.

[LIGHT]
Two Dymax Robot LED clip on lights

[CO2]
Sera CO2 Tabs, 1 tab daily

4944386527_6b6c81067a.jpg

George Farmer said:
Great aquascape, Peter! Congratulations on the ranking. :D

What focal length lens did you use, please?

Thanks George, The main shot was taken with a Nikon D70 with an old school Manual Focus Nikkor 24mm f/2.8s wideangle lens. Im about 2 foot away from the glass and get no distortion whatsoever. So I dont know exactly what the equivalent digital focal lense would be tbh. I have a few old style nikkor lenses that work with the nikon D70, I have a 20mm and a 36mm as well. You have to work out the exposures manually and no autofocus either, fine for static aquariums though.

One of these here.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/24mmnikkor/24mmf28.htm

Peter, that scape of yours is gorgeous! I shall crown thee the king of twigs. Your use of little twigs in your IAPLC2009 scape was really well done as well!

All in a tank 70cm long. It looked 90cm at least before I read the specs!

Themuleous said:
Never be embarrassed :) that's a lovely little tank, with healthy plants :)

Sam

Thanks.. I found out that keeping plants is the easy part of the hobby, but aquascaping is a learning process, and a steep learning curve for me. It's not easy. :)

So when people see some of the amazing tanks here, they may think that it is just a bunch of plants on a certain location, a couple of rocks and that's it.. :) Well, it isn't. :D

I am not preparing for the next IAPLC. Should climb a couple of places.

That's a shame London Dragon, get it back to its old glory. Your tank was one the 1st i see (on the lfkc site) and got me into this great hobby. It's a greaat tank

toadass said:
That's a shame London Dragon, get it back to its old glory. Your tank was one the 1st i see (on the lfkc site) and got me into this great hobby. It's a greaat tank
Thanks glad you like it, it has inspired a few people over the years and that has been worth it, I really need to rescape it haha its been going on for too long.

one day i got to get into these amazing planted tanks like these as they are just out of this world

Back