• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ulster Exile's Training Wheels Tank.

And a shameless showing off of the last occupant, a Leporacanthicus Heterodon (Golden Vampire) who came out to play during a water change, hence the bubbles.

He's still thin, but nowhere near as emaciated as he was when i bought him...

IMG_0906.jpg

ulster exile said:
The ludwigia is turning nice and red

Your doing very well with it. Nice one.

ulster exile said:
However, I am struggling to keep up with the heteranthera zosterifolia - it grows pretty fast and is very unruly and messy looking (this is it after I'd hacked it back down). I realise that I'm supposed to trim it very frequently, but I'm not sure where to start!

I think some plants are just a bit unruly and you have to keep them in check. I'd just cut the tops off. If it starts to look a bit messy you can pull it from the substrate or cut it off at the base and then replant the top portion.

Thanks for the nice comments.

TDI - No bother at all with the plants. He is *supposed* to be an omnivore but tbh I think he's an ethical veggie since he won't touch meaty food that I can see. I do feed a lot of courgette, potato, alage wafers etc so it could be that I'm staving off his plant temptations.

Thanks Beeky - I think that I might go with your last suggestion and replant it and try and trim more regularly.

Back