• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ulterior motive

Martin

I felt sorry for the wags forum as it only had 1 topic so I thought I would double it's topic count by sharing my cunning plan in here. Whilst trying to think of a mother's day present from my 3 year old daughter to give to Clare , my wife, I devised an ingenious plan :idea: . I have managed to persuade Clare to set up and maintain her own tank, as she has spent many evenings / weekends being an aquatic widow watching the tv on her own whilst I fiddle about in, on, over, under and around one of the tanks. By encouraging her to have her own tank this of course also means we have another tank in the house that I will eventually takeover! So come on, encourage and convince your better halves to get into your hobby and gain an extra tank! Mother's day is just around the corner, what better opportunity do you need to expand your fish tank fetish.Of course if Mother's day is of no use to you , any birthdays, anniversaries or christmas is equally as good to treat your partners and introduce them to the obsession. ;)

Ha ha :lol:

The only problem I can see is if it backfired and they became better at it than us. Dunno about you guys but I wouldnt hear the last of it! :lol:

the only way that would happen if my mum did some research and would stop insisting that "old water is good water" and that my algae is because I went hi tech and made "everything SO complicated" because apparently all you need is a light to grow plants. :wideyed:

Vase said:
Ha ha :lol:

The only problem I can see is if it backfired and they became better at it than us. Dunno about you guys but I wouldnt hear the last of it! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing like that ever happens in our house! :lol:

My wife Beaki expressed an interest the other day saying "i want a tank" so BANG i got to work! She's probably forgotten that she even said it but things like that don't get forgotten by me ;)
I have a 60cm in the shed and every thing else except lighting but that can easily be sorted. I'm gonna have to find somewhere to put it and yes i AM worried that it'll turn out better than mine! :oops:

Good work Dan, strike whilst the irons hot, and always remind her that it was her idea in the first place! 50 g, I like your thinking TDI-line aim big then anything smaller you can pretend will be cheaper!

LOL!!!

Dear or dear me!! - now Dan (aka - wafer thin ice boy!!) :D , i do remember saying that i wanted to set up a tank - but not the tank that all you boys are thinking about - i want one with pink gravel, fake cheap and nasty plastic plants, a treasure chest that squirts bubbles and nemo fish!! - anyone see any problems with that??!

So my advice to all of the lads thinking that all the WAGS would like a fish tank for any special occasion is going to end up with a lovely mug of the silent treatment - trust me on this one, you wont be in the good books!! lol

:)

But if any of you do decide to brave it for a present - please please let me know how you get on!! - it will make my day :eek:

Bec

I'm using one of my 2.5 gallons and some sand to set up an anubias tank for my mum, I'll tell how it goes.

Great thread :D

I've been doing the opposite in a way, my husband desperately wants rats again and I offered him one of my 4ft tanks(I have 2 on a double stand waiting to be setup) but he turned the offer down because he knows how much I really really love my fish / tanks.

My husband doesn't take any interest in the hobby at all,apart from liking the look of certain fish. He used to be semi interested when I had some bichirs but when I gave them away he didn't speak to me for a week and doesn't take an interest at all now apart from quite happily listening to me rabbit on about fish / plant related stuff. He would have no objection to me getting several more tanks if we had the space because he has an obsession as well, dvd's & film memorabillia, bit unfair really as that's another of my interests. I have purchased presents in the past with an ulterior motive such as the xbox 360 & psp I got him for his birthday a couple of years ago, I really really wanted them too.

I don't think I could quite get away with buying him a tank as a present though, not unless it was a massive tank with a porcupine puffer in it though as he really really wants one of them.

Good luck to those of you who are thinking of doing it :lol:

I would try this. Sounds like a great idea apart from one thing..............

.............I wasn't into fish or aquatics but the wife kept nagging cos she wanted one. I gave in and guess whos the tank was 3 hours after being put in situ and her finding out about tank maintenance. lol

She does continue to nag me on it being 'just the way I like and not the way she likes' to which I reply.

**** *** and leave me and MY tank alone.

Lazy creature women.

Oops wrong forum to post that last comment. he, he

Mr A Nonymous

Well last night I tried to get my husband interested, I'll probably have a 15G spare in a few weeks and I asked him if he'd like it, his reply 'Oh I can't be arsed with all the cleaning and stuff' I offered to clean it for him, he just got to pick the decor & fish so it was his tank(hoping if he had that tank he might get the fishkeeping bug). I tried to tempt him with dwarf puffers(as he likes puffers) but no not interested, he'd rather spend the money on dvd's. So then I offered to pay for the fish, decor etc but it would still be his tank, nope still no joy.

He'll never be interested in it but he'll always support my obsession and be more then willing to have another tank(space permitting) and doesn't mind me going on and on about fish stuff, he even asks me questions sometimes like he is slightly interested, wonder if he is or if he's feigning interest to please me :lol:

Martin - that fish tank rocks!!! i need it !!! lol

So - did anyone dare the present of a fish tank as a mothers day/birthday present??!

Back