• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ultra Low Tech Shrimp Tank

Krishs Bettas

Hi Everyone,

I want to get back into aquascaping again however, I have a small problem, in September I am back at university and I will not be able to take my aquarium with me to my house. I would return back to my normal house every 3-4 weeks. So i was wondering is it possible to create a low maintenance tank?

My equipment: Tank - 40x25x28cm, heater, Eden 501 filter and a 9w light.

Thanks for the help!

It can be done. You would need some decent equipment like a feeder and water top up. The main problem is evaporation if you are using a heater. To be honest if your room is around 18-22°c you don't need a heater for shrimp. Other than that it can be done But 3 or 4 week is kinda long lol. Good luck anyways

Cheers
ryan

Plant it with enough plant mass and you might get away without feeding the shrimp for long periods. This started off as a self sustaining tank tom's bucket of mud. I think your main problem with be evaporation which you'll probably lose anywhere from 1/2" to an 1" a week,

Back