• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ultricularia graminifolia

Dan Walter

Hi, Im interested in using this plant in my next 'scape on my 60cm tank and wondered whether it grows well without CO2 injection. I will be dosing with Easycarbo as the only source of CO2.

Does anyone grow this plant without CO2 injection? What are it's other requirements?

Anyone care to discuss?

Cheers
Dan

Dan Walter said:
Hi, Im interested in using this plant in my next 'scape on my 60cm tank and wondered whether it grows well without CO2 injection. I will be dosing with Easycarbo as the only source of CO2.

Does anyone grow this plant without CO2 injection? What are it's other requirements?

Anyone care to discuss?

Cheers
Dan

Dan

have a look at the attached thread shortcut.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6531

Regards
Paul.

Dan Walter said:

Anyone care to discuss?

Cheers
Dan
Hi,
There is a possibility that this plant responds negatively to liquid carbon.

Cheers,

Thanks for all your responses guys, I read the threads and the Tropical article a while back, but it's always good to refresh so thanks.

The plant doesn't seem that popular compared to HC and Hair Grass when talking about carpeting, I just wondered why!?

I think I'll just bite the bullet and give it a go. The way it kind of creeps along when it grows is just what I'm after for my next 'scape.

it turned to green snot when I tried it in my aquaube but i was dosing heavily for the HC with easycarbo. Theres also posts that it doesnt like fertilised soil. If I get hold of some again Im going to try it in gravel on a windowsill

Thanks for your responses everyone. It would appear that this is a tricky little so and so to get going.

Does anyone grow this with success that can share there dosing/maintenance regime?

Cheers

Dan

TGM are using it in a TropicaCube and AquaSoil Malaya with good results, no filter or anything, just EasyCarbo and TPN+ if i remember correctly.

Thanks again guys..Great help as always!

Back to the plant.. Well, my very understanding wife and I managed to tie an anniversary break to Cheltenham in with a visit to Aquajardin in Gloucester. Great shop with quite a selection of planted tanks and a healthy variety of Tropica products, which really got me going! They also have a couple of fantastic Dennerle nano cube's, one with a really well established carpet of UG so after a lengthy chat with one of the guys there I bought some.. He mentioned about doing 2 x 50% water changes per week for the UG to thrive, as suggested by Dennerle. He also spoke about using the Dennerle ferts.. One being a spray.. I didnt have much time to discuss as the wife was looking bored so i left it at that...

Anyway, I got home and split the plant in to 6 portions and planted it up.

I might record it's process on this thread if anyone is interested?

Thanks again for all the input above!

i was in aquajardin today after visiting friends in stroud! picked up some very nice (and cheap) seiru stone. I saw the UG tank and they had quite a few very clean and well designed planted tanks running.

Good luck with the UG and keep a jounal of it running

Hi Stu, I think I saw you today!? I'm sure I recognised you from the member pics?!? Small (ukaps) world hey..Should of said hi but I was pushing it with my missus just being there, let alone talking plants with ukaps members! :lol: It's a great shop though, defo worth a visit.. ;)

Anyway, back on topic.. The single pot of UG was split in to 6 equal portions and planted in the foreground of my current 60cm set up. I'm dosing with Easycarbo and TPN+ for now so I'll see if this works. I'm going to up the water changes as advised to 2x50% changes per week

So, day 1 of UG....
P1030506.jpg

Dan Walter said:
Hi Stu, I think I saw you today!? I'm sure I recognised you from the member pics?!? Small (ukaps) world hey..Should of said hi but I was pushing it with my missus just being there, let alone talking plants with ukaps members! :lol: It's a great shop though, defo worth a visit.. ;)
:lol: cant believe it, all that way from home and there was another ukaps member there! Was that you with your missus in the alcove where the planted tanks and one marine tank were? I seem to remember you were both tall (as im not!). Id sent my wife and kids into the garden centre as they always get bored :) Give me a kick if you ever see me again, tis good to have a chit chat with fellow ukaps people!

Good luck with the UG, hope it gets as thick as that dennerle tank they had there!

stuworrall said:
Was that you with your missus in the alcove where the planted tanks and one marine tank were?

Yeah that was me having a drool over the nano's ;)...well, more over the UG carpet than anything else really... Really hope mine takes hold!

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up but it seems that liquid carbon can make UG melt

Back