• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unable to turn CO2 off

Myrtle

Hi, I recently bought a replacement FE from screwfix (rip off and long story) and set it up tonight but unlike the other ones I have had before it doesn't seem to turn off the flow when the handles are released. Call me blonde but am I missing something really obvious? Bearing in mind that I'm very tired and stressed having the OFSTED inspectors in school tomorrow :wideyed: I know some people run CO2 24/7 but cash flow is somewhat tight so I'd like to be able to turn it off without using the needle valve to stop it.

Jo

I have add a quick look at the FE in the screwfix cato. and by releasing the handles it should shut the gas off, sound like the valve is faulty - I would take the FE back to ScrewFix, obviously you'll explain what the problem is - they are usually very good in giving refunds.

Regards
Paul.

I'd be surprised if they'd take it back after I've removed the horn etc. Admittedly my solenoid is also broken and I have been waiting until payday to buy a replacement. Would a new solenoid shut the gas off if the valve on the fe is dodgy?
OFSTED are leaving today!!!! YAY

Back