• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Under the forest canopy' - 19/06/08 Disaster Strikes again

Kids eh?

My three year old tipped a full pot of food into the tank the day before we moved house and due to packing etc I didn't notice until the morning. Result? 2 dead angels and a dead 9 yr old red tailed black shark.

They learn remarkably quickly. Mind could open the stair gates once he had the strength to counter the pressure. He can open stair gates/cupboard locks/fridge locks etc better than my inlaws!

My eldest was able to open those lift up stairgates within 2 weeks of standing up at 15 months or so. lol. He's very big (not fat. I mean tall) for his age. We currently have those levr hand that you have to squeeze as well. We got these about a week after he mastered the other ones. Took him 2 weeks to get through these. lol

Thanks for the sympathetic comments guys but this tank doesn't need to get back on track. I was planning a rescape in July/August and was just letting the Crypts all fill out for 2 months while I decide what I want to do. No change in plan there. Just got to decide on fish now. Won't be thinking what fish will fit this scape because they will be fish I intend to keep through any scapes I have.

Andy

Sorry to hear about the problems Andy. About a year ago my 3 year old decided to tip over my Hagen natural Co2 system thingy, i noticed it later that day so i stood it upright again, swore a couple of times, but did'nt think much about it. Then the next day, a Saturday, i remember it very well, i walked into the living room, just as the lights came on, on the aquarium, and my 12 year old son said " oh my god dad, look at the fish tank!" I turned round to see a tank so cloudy i could not see any fish or plants, apart from a few loaches and Cory's in the bottom inch or so! What a great day i spent changing water, and panicking etc.... I lost 3 Frontosa's, and about 7 other fish due to that. The cupboard under the tank was swiftly padlocked after that incident. C'est la vie, and we live and learn i suppose ;)

Try having your 3 year old lift the canister clip on your Fluval on you 4 ft REEF tank whilst only the Mrs is at home :eek:

Lol. Mrs as at home may as well be none at home. he, he. (expecting barage of abuse now)
My wife doesn't seem to understand possible danger whereas I am often a little over-precautionary.

Twas for this very reason I bought a cabinet and then fitted a cupboard lock on the front a year ago to keep meddling hands away from the multibank of plugs, CO2 and filter. lol. This lock has worked so far. And 3 days in the bolt on the children's door has not been breached.

Bloody mess they create in there until they are released though. And bloody banging on the door whilst shouting as loud as they can. Aaargh. TB would say this is the 'trade off'. he, he.

Andy

Back