• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Under the manzi roots - Antoni's new 120cm - hardscape in the making

Antoni

Hi guys,

Have been working on this hardscape for some time, but due to lots of other projects and assignments, haven't quite finished it yet.

Probably will refine some details and finish it after the Aquascaping Experience on the 5th of March :)
Tank: Optiwhite 120x50x50 cm
Hardscape: full box of Manzi and 40kg of Lava rock. Another 50kg Grey mountain to go in!
Lighting: Arcadia LED x 1, Fluval LED x 2

A quick snap with the phone

12705450_1125252754151966_6809249594221108522_n.jpg

By the way, guys - Only 5 days left for the qualifying round for the Hardscape challenge! Submit your entries for the chance of taking part in the live Hardscape challenge and winning some wonderful prizes at the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience on the 5th of March! It will be great event! Can't wait!
Roll your sleeves and get scaping! A phone, tablet pic is all it takes.

Thanks guys!

Hi, looks really good, is there a Uk source for manzanita I am finding it hard to find, regards Mark.

I don't know of any. This batch was from Tom Barr, kindly given to me by George Farmer.

Terrific scape, awesome woodwork! Somewhat reminds me the last work of Takayuki Fukada.
Thanks Alex! Yes I was inspired by his scape, but wanted to approach the idea in a bit different way. Creating hight and depth by pushing the focal point close to the centre in the background with roots, quite high level of the substrate on the back and a lot of eleocharis :)

Yummy :cigar:

Back