• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unipac Sumatra Driftwood Questions.

R1ch13

Hey guys!

Great forum you have here!

I dont think ive posted before...

Do any of you have any of this wood? I have found it available on 2 sites and it comes in 2 sizes medium and large.

Could someone please tell me how big they are approx?

These are the 2 sites ive found it on ... and there is a huge price difference...

http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalog/Sumatra_Drifrwood_Large.html

SHOP1AQUARIUMSTORE.jpg

And here

http://www.onlinevivariumstore.com/acatalog/Unipac_Sumatra_Drifrwood__Large__1_Piece.html

VIVSTORE2.jpg

Can anyone think of any reasons for this? Id obviously go for the cheaper option as many people would, but im worried that im going to recieve a shoddy small version of the so called "large" piece! haha

Thanks in advance!

Richie

Unipac put the lables on the wood and the retailers leave them on so my bet would be that they are about the same size. The size of a large will be about 300mm x 400mm but don't quote me on that coz it's wood at the end of the day and every piece is different.
Onlineaquariums have sold stuff as Sumatra and it was far from it!
If it were me i'd pop along to my local Maidenhead Aquatics or World of Water as they are both stockists.
Cheers
Dan

Ahh thanks Dan!

I dont have any of those shops close to me!

Only Pets at home, dobbies and a crappy acorn pets, they all only stock the basic mopani wood which i dislike!

Those 2 sites i put up seem to be the same people (same contact number etc)

Thats why i was wondering why the big price difference!

Is there any other way of me getting some of this wood! As i have yet to find anywhere on the net apart from those 2 sites ?

Thanks Richie

Someone on TFF got thier sumatra unipac wood from there, however what they recieved was so chunky and 'ugly'. Looked nothing like what we have seen being used in the many wonderful scapes. If you order from there I think it's worth adding a note to your order, asking for 'nice branchy pieces'.

I tried to order some of this wood from onlineaquariumstore and they replaced it with some pants wood.

I would only buy wood online if you actually get to see the piece before hand as each piece is different.

World of Water and Maidenhead Aquatics have them in and those in the Manchester area have loads in.

It is really nice stuff, I've got some somewhere saved for future things and would reiterate that you need to see this type of wood before buying.

Well ive looked on both their sites and they have red moor wood, tropica root, and mopani and stuff!

I just assumed if they had it it would be for sale on their sites!

I think i may of found a source though!

Thanks alot for all the input.

You all really helped alot...

If worst comes to worst ill use redmoor wood!

I just thought redmoor wood might look a little "spindely" in this tank as it is a 48"L x 15"D x 18"H

So i thought the more chunky sumatra wood would work better!

Cheers guys!

Richie

Back