• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

United unitilities water report.

John q

Just had a lovely conversation with a lady from united unitilities about phosphate levels in my tap water. I'd emailed them on Sunday and asked if they could provide a more in depth analysis than was already on the website.
Anyway she rang me this morning and again this afternoon and gave me the readings for the last 12 months ~ low 1.3 ppm, average 1.5 ppm and high 1.9 ppm.

I doubt this new found information will benefit me in any way but it shows if you want more information about your water report it doesn't hurt to ask.

the readings for the last 12 months ~ low 1.3 ppm, average 1.5 ppm and high 1.9 ppm
That's pretty stable IMO, think you have that lovely soft water piped from the lake district in your neck of the woods

Just had a lovely conversation with a lady from united unitilities about phosphate levels in my tap water. I'd emailed them on Sunday and asked if they could provide a more in depth analysis than was already on the website.
Anyway she rang me this morning and again this afternoon and gave me the readings for the last 12 months ~ low 1.3 ppm, average 1.5 ppm and high 1.9 ppm.

I doubt this new found information will benefit me in any way but it shows if you want more information about your water report it doesn't hurt to ask.

You did well! All I got from Severn Trent when I asked about Magnesium levels was:

1615399526664.gif

That's pretty stable IMO, think you have that lovely soft water piped from the lake district in your neck of the woods
Some of the water is from our local reservoirs and some is indeed piped from the lake district.
You did well! All I got from Severn Trent when I asked about Magnesium levels was:
Not sure if the lady was genuinely interested or just thought I was a nerd! In the initial telephone call and after explaining why I wanted the information she even asked me what level of phosphate I was targeting in the fish tank, it felt like I was talking to the fert calculator 😀

Hi all,
I doubt this new found information will benefit me in any way
You've done well. My guess (but you don't need to guess) is that most people tap water won't be far different.

I'm not a great fan of test kits, but the <"JBL PO4 (sensitive) test kit"> should give you a reasonably accurate test.

cheers Darrel

Just noticed you asked for magnesium levels wookii... it not only appears that us up north have have half decent water, but also seems our water providers supply decent water reports.
Screenshot_20210310-201023_Chrome.jpg

My water comes from Hawes water so I have a similar report. it looks like there are 2 columns missing, the max reading and the units so it’s easy to see with the full screen.
Cheers
John

Interesting that you have to know what your looking at in that water report to be able to discern which measurements are in mg/L and which are ug/L, I’m going to assume that somewhere in the report they state the measurement magnitudes!

:)

Yes they show you the concentrations, I can only screenshot half the page at a time.
Screenshot_20210311-182137_Chrome.jpg

Hi @John q

You can also find your water company's report here:

JPC

Back