• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UNS 60S dual paradise

gus6464

Hi everyone,

Here is my shallow tank experiment with a fully emersed section that flows into a submerged aquascape where both can be the focal point. I've always been fascinated by shallow aquaterrariums but usually they either have an emersed or submerged focal point but rarely had I seen one with emphasis on both areas so I decided to give it a shot.

Gear
UNS 60S
Eheim Pro4+ 350
Custom dual stage regulator
Aquario Neo Extend S
Custom DIY lights built around the Bridgelux Thrive V10 COBs (combination of 98CRI 6500K and 5000K tuned to 6000K CCT)
Innovative Marine APS stand with custom front cover made of walnut
Exo-Terra Monsoon Solo mister

Hardscape
Seiryu Stone
ControSoil Extra Fine brown
ADA Power Sand Advance S
ADA La Plata

Plants
Emersed
Fittonia Albivenis Red
Fittonia Albivenis
Bolbitis Heudelotii Difformis
Cyperus Helferi
Gratiola Viscidula
Hemigraphs Repanda
Christmas Moss

Submerged
Gratiola Viscidula
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
Hygrophila Lancea 'Araguaia'
Helanthium Tenellum Broad Leaf
Rotala Macrandra Mini Red
Eleocharis 'Belem'
Christmas Moss

I like to fertilize my soil heavily so have all of this in it
ADA Bacter 100
Tourmaline BC
ADA Iron Bottom long
Aquario Neo Plant Tab 1
Aquario Neo Plant K
Aquario Neo Plant Sr.Long

Fertilizer
UNS All in One
DOOA Wabi-Kusa Mist

Regiment
3x water change weekly and 1 pump of UNS after each one
DOOA mist daily
The mister fires off every hour for 2 seconds

Water
RO water mixed with tap after it goes through my sediment and carbon filter with a bypass to
110 TDS
2 dGH
2 dKH

P1voLSC.jpg

ytoT2eZ.jpg

lgIC0Gc.jpg

VGGbSQI.jpg

Nice rockwork! Thanks for sharing and please do keep us posted - I'd like to see how this one grows out. In the meantime a few questions if you don't mind:

- What's the submerged focal point going to be?
- Am I right in thinking that's the mister head discretely protruding top right of the stand?
- You seem to be an ex-reefer so please can we see in your cabinet?
- Also...
RO water mixed with tap after it goes through my sediment and carbon filter with a bypass to
110 TDS
2 dGH
2 dKH
Is that an automatic process or you've tailored your proportion of mix to hit that value?

Nice rockwork! Thanks for sharing and please do keep us posted - I'd like to see how this one grows out. In the meantime a few questions if you don't mind:

- What's the submerged focal point going to be?
- Am I right in thinking that's the mister head discretely protruding top right of the stand?
- You seem to be an ex-reefer so please can we see in your cabinet?
- Also...

Is that an automatic process or you've tailored your proportion of mix to hit that value?

Thanks!

- Not really sure yet on the submerged one but I was planning on it being the Rotala mini and cutting it once it grows out to follow the slope and the monter carlo carpet.
- Yes but I actually ended up changing the location of it today because some plants were not getting misted and had to redo the mount. New pic below.
- I started out with with planted tanks but then got heavily into reefing and now I am back haha. Pic below.

- I manual mix the RO and tap to hit the value. Took me a little bit of trial and error and testing to get those proportions.

Front shot with new mister location
R3JtHFX.jpg

bgMxmvv.jpg

Cab
WTMSjnm.jpg

I've been reading a lot about orchids and growing them hydroponically so I bought a mini phalaenopsis and did the water culture prep to it and moved it to the tank after a couple of days. Also did a big trim of the araguaia as the new growth has the blood red coloration. Found some Fittonia Pink Skeleton as well and finished planting the emersed side too.

420cbb11037e5530c26812d0476645e4.jpg
29e9564862216367779e06904bc367ed.jpg
ee458533f4f14e7836f49e07b71be9f8.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back