• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unzan Stone UK?

adamt4050

Hi, does anyone know where or how to get ADA Unzan stone in the UK?​
People have suggested black lava rock, but it doesn't have the same shape or texture even.​
Thanks,
Adam
hqdefault.jpg

haha so am I Tim.
Thanks for the advice Big Clown, ill be sure to share my success or failure when im done.
hopefully getting some lava rock tomorrow, or sometime over the weekend ill keep you posted.

Reactions: tim
any photos Stu? Unfortunatley i wasnt able to get hold of any lava rock that i liked. Any online shops you could sugguest?

not yet sorry as ive still to put it together but will pop up a journal when I do. Ive really struggled with black lava as the best type is the stuff thats really gnarly and not just boring round stuff. Ive not found any of this type online.

I got mine from a local quarry from a random basket of the stuff. I kicked my self on that one as I saw it there and it was massive, like big twisted bits 100cm across but I had no money on me. When I went back a landscape gardener had snaffled the lot and I got the few last stones that were left ! :(

okay ill keep my eyes peeled for that jounal. My experience online have resulted in some pretty boring rocks haha, but i thought id ask anyway.
oh no way, ill have to check my local quarry tomorrow and remember to bring some money with me ;)

+1 cheap black lava rock handcarved to your imagination. Done it before with great result with just a screwdriver. Even if you dont get a huge piece it is possible to combine several average ones.
Of course you can pay 10 times more for it to have a name UNZAN and a MANUAL :dead:
A rock with a manual that is... A manual :) for a rock.

well i have often left rocks sat on my kitchen not knowing what to do with them. A manual explaining how to use a rock, how to turn it on and off would be really helpful haha ;)

Actually a hole saw works well to make the general hole shape, then you can nip off the remaining without FRACTURING the rest of the piece.
Say a 3-4-6-8 cm hole saw sizes, you drill into the lava and chose the longer shapes if you want to mimic the Unzan look. Smaller but deeper holes are nicer IME.

Back