• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up CO2 Atomizer - Feedback after 22 months and cleaning ques

jonny_ftm

Hi,

First, the feedback after 22 months of use:

I never cleaned the atomizer in those 22 months. It never leaked and I never had to increase my working pressure. The working pressure is near 30 psi (2.0 to 2.1 bar). So, it is important to have a good CO2 circuit to avoid leaking in tube connections.

Since 2 months, I noticed that the mist dramatically reduced and I saw big bubbles instead of the fine mist which means a clogging issue. So overall, it worked 20 months without needing cleaning.

This could depend on your tank dust and filter setup (flow, filtering layers, cleaning filter...). In my case, it is a 300 lph filter that I cleaned only 3 times in 22 months...

So, for the price of it, I can only recommend it to anyone needing the greatest CO2 results with a simple, silent and esthetic (invisible) method.

Now the cleaning

I used bleech solution for 10h. I injected the bleech in the CO2 chamber using a very fine syringe. To drain it, I inject air with a tightened syring tip. The pressure of the injected air will push the bleech through the ceramic. I then rinced that way using hot water . After the bleech was rinced, I repeated the steps but this time with oxygenated water (only 1h).

After testing, the mist is back, but not as fine as it used to be.

Any help on how you clean your ceramic diffusers and if they can ever get back their mist as it was before first use?

Meanwhile, I ordered 2 other units for teh next years

PS: I now installed quick connects from Eheim to easily disassemble the unit from the tubing

Re: Up CO2 Atomizer - Feedback after 22 months and cleaning

hi,
I have just fitted my atomizer today, it seems to be working fine.

Back