• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UPDATED: Eheim Pro 3 2075 Review

Hello everyone! i have just taken delivery of the 2075, can anyone advise me in what order you lay your trays of media in? I ask as I am fairly new to this - do I just go as per instructions? or swap them about?

Ideas of what you use as tray orders and where to put carbon, Purigen etc...

Thanks to everyone so far for sharring their knowledge on here - a huge, huge help :)

Hello mate and welcome!
Broadly you can put whatever you like in your filter - it really is down to personal choice!
A lot of people on here just run with sintered glass to give maximum surface area whilst maximising flow. Given most 'scapers like to maximise flow this gives a pretty good result. I run just sintered glass in mine and i'm always really happy with water clarity etc.
Hope this helps!
Matt

This is my first post so hi everyone, I'm looking at buying a 2075 at the momment , but after reading through this I am not so sure , how can you tell if the 2075 is the newer one that has this leaking problem sorted , I have managed to source one for £161 which isn't bad , but I don't want end up with a leaking unit shortly after 12mnths.

Just an update on my previous post , I just have spoken to John Allen a UK Distributor for Eheim , and asked about the leaking issues with this series of pumps , he was a cracking bloke to talk to and told me that Eheim know about the problem and updated these units in August last year , so Ehiem hope this has resolved the issue (time will tell). I am going to order one today as I feel a little more confident now that at least I have some one to go back to if there are issues in the future.

Just to post my experience....

My 2075 leaked last July, I spoke to John at John Allen (who was fantastic person) and he told me that Eheim were aware of the issue and he replaced my filter head with a brand new one under the guarantee.

As the filter has been available since July 2009 he did not need a receipt either as the Eheim filters come with a 3 year guarantee so the 2075's are covered up to July 2012.

viper3770 said:
Hello everyone! i have just taken delivery of the 2075, can anyone advise me in what order you lay your trays of media in? I ask as I am fairly new to this - do I just go as per instructions? or swap them about?

Ideas of what you use as tray orders and where to put carbon, Purigen etc...

Thanks to everyone so far for sharring their knowledge on here - a huge, huge help :)

So do you leave all the black plastic noodles in the trays then?
I have the round ceramic balls at the bottom, then the flat square ceramics in the tray above, then black plastic noodles with a bag of purigen, then in the last tray (top) the rest of the black plastic noodles with a bag of carbon.

Is this totally wrong? :(

Wrong way round
Noodles at the bottom then squares then balls at the top
Matt

Really? I know it says different from how I have mine at the moment to the picture on the box - just that I was told by where I had the filter from to have the balls at the bottom - what difference do you think it would make? if I were to swap them around now, could it affect anything do you think?

Gary

Won't affect anything to swap now
If you think that th water enters the head unit then drops down to the bottom to then come up through the media
The idea of the noodles is to get as much milk out of the water before it hits the bio media then it gets a final polish through the fine floss pad
Matt

Hi Gary
Don't have mine anymore my two were leakers so swapped both for a 2180
However when I had them setup I had the black noodles in the bottom then the squares then the balls the White pad went onto of the balls and the blue pad goes right at the top this is the first part of the filter process catching all large particles
If using carbon/purigen I would remove half of the balls and place it in the top tray as this is the cleanest and last( apart from the White pad) part off the filtration process
The black noodles are ok but do float which can be a pain at cleaning time but the advantage is that when you clean the filter all the muck is left in the canister as the noodles float up and leave it behind.
Hope that helps
Matt

Are these filters really that bad?
Looking for a filter to set up my 320l osaka again. I want something with more flow than the 405 that came with it.
But every filter google seems to leak or have people complaining about :/ 2075/ex1200/jble1500 :( Got around a 200 pound budget

Hello,

My Eheim 2075 recently started leaking after running fine for about over a month. After reading this thread i immediately tried using silicone grease on the seal on the lid. It is still leaking! What should i try next? I have no idea how to take the lid apart and i want to make sure i do it correctly. I noticed that it doesnt have normal screws too. I need to get a screwdriver with the "star" tip. I tried setting set the filter 3 times after using the grease and trying to make sure the lid was on properly but its still leaking and i dont know what to do next. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Take it back to the retailer or contact eheim for a replacement head unit
Taking it apart will invalidate your warranty
Eheim are aware of the fault and should replace the head unit
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my Eheim was bought used. So im pretty much screwed when it comes to the warranty. It worked fine till i couldnt get it primed and i found out it was eaiser to get it going if i emptied some of the water out. Ever since then it leaks near one of the latches. So far i only added silicone grease to the lid. I wanted to know what to do next. I have a 2028 and taking it apart was fairly easy and i was able to get to the o-ring. Some people in this thread have taken their apart and i wanted advice on how to do so. Another thing i dont get is why is there not regular screws for this unit.

Also each time i removed the lid of the filter, it is filled with water and pours out all over the place. Is this normal? I dont remember that happening the first time when i removed the head of the filter. I could be wrong. Any help is appreciated.

bigpig said:
Are these filters really that bad?
Looking for a filter to set up my 320l osaka again. I want something with more flow than the 405 that came with it.
But every filter google seems to leak or have people complaining about :/ 2075/ex1200/jble1500 :( Got around a 200 pound budget

Hehe. Imho the best thing to cure that roblem is not to think about the leaking filters.
If you google any problem in the world you will find it for sure. Someone somewhere had it leaking broken etc...
The majority will be fine though.
So far i have used at least 10 filters and the only one I had a problem with (minor) was the first and only one I got from new. All others were second hand.
So. Maybe if it tend to be a problematic it will leak weather in the beginning or shortly after that. If it runs smooth for some time then it will most definitely last years.
With a budget of 200 i would get myself at least 3-4 filters in good working order from ebay ;)
Just my experience and hope this helps :thumbup:

Unfortunately my Eheim was bought used. So im pretty much screwed when it comes to the warranty.

Not really, It's a known issue and as the 2071/3/5 range was introduced July 2009, the oldest ones are still under warranty until July 2012. Speak to John Allan direct, perhaps not mention you bought second hand unless asked, just focus on the leaking issue.

I bought 2 2073's for myself and a 2075 for my friend, lost the receipt so thought I was up that certain creek with not a paddle in sight. Called my retailer where I bought them, he spoke to John Allan who confirmed the problem and without any quibble, three new heads were sent out to me. I said I wasn't aware my friend's one was leaking as yet, but was concerned it would do at any time, didn't even argue, just said they would replace all three.

Aparently people were not returning the old heads so they started incurring costs so now they will either ask you to return the head and they will send a new one in return, or you can pay a deposit, they send a new head and then you send the old one back and then they refund your deposit. The only cost to yourself is the cost of sending the old heads back, but the only other option is to go and buy a brand new filter, so it's a lot cheaper to get them replaced under warrantly.

If your's is not leaking, I'd still speak to them and raise your concerns if you bought new before Aug 2010. Once you get out of the 3 year warranty that's it, you lost your chance to get it fixed free.

Just thought I'd post this up as I find it annoying when you have a problem, search the net and discover loads of people all with the same issue, but no answers to a definitive fix.

I just spoke to Mr Kenny Ng,....he appears to be in charge of Eheim Customer Service here in Malaysia. He claims the leakage problem is mainly due to poor o-ring maintanence by the customers. I asked him if he would be able to replace the pump head if there should be a leak & the filter is under warranty but he said no.

I just don't get it.

I was almost going to get a 2071 . But if external filters are basically just "a pump in a bucket" ,....then why spend mega bucks on premium quality filters when you don't get the appropriate backing for the money that you put in.

Guys,
Thought I would just share my experience.
My filter started leaking slightly, so I promptly ordered some new seals. These arrived and were fitted, no difference. Leak was slowing getting worse. I contacted John Allan by email on the Sunday. I bought this filter second hand of a friend, so had no receipt.
It got to the point it was leaking 5 litres of water every 3 hours.

29/05/2011 - Emailed John Allen aquariums regarding my leaking filter.
30/05/2011 - bank holiday
31/05/2011 - Received email back asking me to send them the leaking head unit.
1/06/2011 - Posted head unit back on a next day service
07/06/2011 - Received my replacement head unit. Brand new.

During this time, I was not asked for a receipt once.

Personally I'm very happy that it got resolved quickly and promptly by John Allan.

Thanks

Jon

Back