• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to! Upload Images Directly to Forum

Hi. Does anyone know how to re size image files so that they can be uploaded to the server. I am taking pictures from a Samsung galaxy and every single one is 'too large' to be uploaded. The only way I'm able to do it is by chopping half of the pics off at the moment and obviously that's no good for uploading pictures of a scape. Any help and experiences of others appreciated :)

Hi. Does anyone know how to re size image files so that they can be uploaded to the server. I am taking pictures from a Samsung galaxy and every single one is 'too large' to be uploaded. The only way I'm able to do it is by chopping half of the pics off at the moment and obviously that's no good for uploading pictures of a scape. Any help and experiences of others appreciated :)
Anyone help?? I'm really struggling with this at the moment as I cant update my journal due to not being able to upload the pictures that I have taken :(
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/resize-photo-imager.41311/
hoggie

When posting pictures to my Journal they appear in duplicate. Can you help?
I'm downloading them straight from a memory stick on my MAC. Only one image shows until I click Submit Reply and then the duplicate appears. I put three pictures up in showing my initial planting weeks in my journal but 6 pictures are showing. My journal is called 40 Years and still going.
Thank you.

When posting pictures to my Journal they appear in duplicate. Can you help?
I'm downloading them straight from a memory stick on my MAC. Only one image shows until I click Submit Reply and then the duplicate appears. I put three pictures up in showing my initial planting weeks in my journal but 6 pictures are showing. My journal is called 40 Years and still going.
Thank you.

I've looked at editing my post and can see that the photo has been attached twice.
View attachment 86689View attachment 86689
I definitely have not uploaded the same file twice so my original question regarding duplication remains. Can anyone help?
Chris.

I definitely have not uploaded the same file twice so my original question regarding duplication remains. Can anyone help?
Click the full button only once in the location you want to place the image, or remove the duplicate.

Figured this was the place to do a test :)
small test.jpg

Thanks Paulo, but at 6000px and about 5MB the picture wouldn’t show on the thread (just a blanked out box). I reduced to 4000px and about 3MB for them to show in the end.
Interesting, when I get a spare minute I will do some testing and see if something in the backend has changed due to some updates of the server software.

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked, I have looked but didn't see it, however when I try to upload from tapatalk, the images seem to not be sharp at all? It's fine loading from the phone based Web page but not on tapatalk. Any ideas 🤔🤔🤔

Interesting, when I get a spare minute I will do some testing and see if something in the backend has changed due to some updates of the server software.

Hey Paulo, I know we're going back two years here, but did you ever get chance to look into this? I am thinking there is either a total or vertical pixel count limit too? - some examples:

6000px x 3366px (16:9) - Won't upload at all, just get the "Too large" error message

5000px x 3667px (4:3) - Will upload into the draft Reply window (Windows, Chrome), and the image is visible in the draft post, but the thumbnail is blank and when the post is submitted there is a text link in place of the image in the final post

5500px x 3085px (16:9) - Loads fine

Tbf, 5000px wide images is huge 😅

Tbf, 5000px wide images is huge 😅

It is, and my aim isn't to have it any larger, but my camera takes pics that are 6960px x 3904px, so I just want to know exactly what the image limits are so I can do a single image resize knowing it will work on upload the first time, rather than taking 2-3 attempts - particularly if images are at different aspect ratios.

Back