• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Use a Jaqno? How do you deal with filter cleans?

nry

OK - turn my filter off (TetraTec EX600) to clean it. Put it all back together, connect pipes etc and start to prime filter. Jaqno fills with air from the empty filter and at this stage water is no longer pumped into the filter, not entirely sure why.

With the Jaqno full of air it is then impossible to get any flow through the filter and even if I could there is no easy way of refilling the Jaqno with water without unscrewing the lid and submersing the thing in water before putting the lid back on.

Am I missing something obvious here? The gas release valve seems pointless too, there is no pressure in the thing when running (logical really) so the gas release valve can't release anything even if gas did build up....

Hmmm.

I have to expel the water from my CO2 reactor and the return pipework or my filter doesn't refill with water. It creates an airlock that prevents the water flow into the filter and stops the air getting out. Your air release valve should allow you to break this air lock and let the filter prime, but it may cause water to come out so attach some airline to it maybe to syphon the water into a bucket if any comes out?

Once the filter's running it should blow all the bubbles out of the reactor in an hour or so I would have thought?

I had one (2) of these reactors for a day or two. They are in my opinion badly designed and not fit for purpose plus suffer from poor build quality (first one leaked, replacement inlet connectors snapped off.)
I got rid because i did not feel safe leaving the house with it attached to the tank. Expected to come home to wet carpets and an empty tank.

But what you want to know is how to get one running.

Due to the crap build quality the gas release valve doesn't work.
So you have to hold the reactor upside down and prime the filter as normal until full with water and the air has been expelled out through the lily pie (spray bar)

Ahh, never thought of turning the thing upside down! Will try that next time. Still not even sure how the gas release valve can work as there is never going to be any pressure to push it out!

Back