• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

use normal luminaire for aquarium?

thanks, i wont get it. Im just looking for a way to light up my 6ft tank(non planted). It already has bad t8 lights but im changing the hood to a cover glass and getting a luminaire instead of a pendant like this one i just decided. Im struggling to find cheap 6ft luminaires led or t5 or anything!

i havent got the glass covers yet, i might go for it, but tbh its a bit ugly lol. Anyone know where i can get a 6ft luminaire or get one custom made? I saw one on ae and asked the guy if hed sell it seperately.

For that price, I'd be prepared to sand it back and respray it silver or gun metal metallic, or black even. Remove the cheap dimpled plastic cover and replace with clear perspex. Its a shame they don't make them in 3ft actually, could have used one in an upcoming project...

i tried looking for some for you, but couldn't find any :/ im using sliding glass covers which i am getting from aquariums ltd. I know i could get a glazier to do it but i might as well get it from them as there are no good glaziers around here

Back