• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

using a co2 extinguisher for the 1st time

mjw1476

ive currently got a 2kg dennerle co2 bottle with soleneid valve but have just run out which is lucky as im changing my tank around with a whole new set of plants. im interested in knowing a bit more about using co2 extinguishers with my soleneid, i saw dan crawford was advertising a little while ago about an order. do you have to specially order them? how much do the cost, as i was quoted £20ish to refill my current bottle and it would take a week! do you need any special equipment or is the valve sufficient? and lastly how do you go about connecting the valve and canister together.
any help or advice, even if its to refill my current bottle would be great.
cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have a Dennerle co2 set as well which is around 6 years old now, but i made the switch to an FE about 2 years ago and have never looked back. So your reg and solenoid fits excatly the same as your Dennerle bottle.I now have 3 FE and my original bennerle bottle 1.5kg. I get mine refilled in Birmingham, although im in Oxford, but only costs about a fiver for eack bottle to be refilled and done in a few minutes.

just ring around a few Fire Extinguisher places or welding suppliers from the yellow pages you can normally find someone who will refill them.http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266&hilit=fire+extinguisher+co2

Cheers Gordon.

thanks for the help, that link was very helpful gordon, think im going to invest in the extinguisher and use the dennerle bottle for spare if anything goes wrong.

Matt

Back