• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Using a Solenoid with Regulator

zed

I have the pictured Lunapet Regulator and Solenoid, and I'm not sure how the hardware is set up. Is the solenoid simply used in-line on the co2 hose, or does the solenoid fit onto the regulator. Any pics of this set-up?

Thanks

co2_druckminderer_230.jpg

co2_nachtabschaltung2_230.jpg

I haven't used that reg before, but solenoids do typically attach to regulators.

If the solenoid does attach to the regulator it will be the connector on the solonoid that is on the bottom of the picture you posted that connects to the regulator. Do they seem to have compatible attachments/threads? If you are able to attach it do some good leak testing on it (paint diluted waashing up liquid on it, and leave for several hours while it's going).

I think this is quite a popular regulator with forum users, so you'll probably get some more helpful and detailed feedback soon.

Best regards,

Mark

I doesn't even matter about attaching a solenoid to a reg, you can just attach them inline with a short stretch of co2 pipe.

Garuf said:
I doesn't even matter about attaching a solenoid to a reg, you can just attach them inline with a short stretch of co2 pipe.

You could, but you'd then have two joins where you could have one!

It'll work either way, but I think zed's idea of joining them directly is good, for the above reason.

Cheers,

Mark

I didn't realise it was the lunapet reg, I use that set up and you can't actually attach the solenoid directly. ;)

Garuf said:
I didn't realise it was the lunapet reg, I use that set up and you can't actually attach the solenoid directly. ;)
I have a lunapet kit and attached the solenoide directly to the regulator.
You have to remove some parts from the regulator and solenoid and then they join together.

To attach the solenoid to the regulator means that you have to unscrew things including fibre washers and the reattach which means tightening over the fibre washers. Can be done but is far more risk of leaks than using the solenoid inline. That needle valve and solenoid combo has pretty good barb/screw seal combos and therefore I can't see the point in risking the taking apart of the reg.

I have the same needle valve and solanoid but a different reg and in the end I screw the needle valve into the reg (as per picture) and then attached the solenoid inline (I think it was from Zig's advice on TFF - Pre UKaps forming.) Works the same and well for me!!!

AC

I too have mine in the CO2 line. Didn't want to start fiddling with the nice leak-free connections on the reg!

Thanks for your advice and opinions. I think I would prefer to fit the solenoid onto the regulator, even if it's just because the intall would be a little neater.

This afternoon Lunapet have emailed me the following link, albeit in German:

http://www.lunapet.net/Anleitungen_PDF/ ... noid_D.pdf

It shows both methods of attaching the solenoid; in-line and direct attachment to the solenoid.

I ordered spare washers for both bits of kit when I ordered the solenoid and reg, so hopefully a leaking washer shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Thanks again for your advice, but I may be back later asking how to stop it leaking :lol: ;)

Back